correct, html mail stopped loading somewhere along the way. that is why there is an app to autoload images that you can buy for .99 i think. It fixed the problem that RIM created somewhere down the line. Its probably fixed again in OS 6
    Did you hve the second setting enabled? The download images automatically? The html needs that enabled.

Either way, works just fine now, OS5 is the past, OS6 is the present.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 12:53 PM
    Did you hve the second setting enabled? The download images automatically? The html needs that enabled.

Either way, works just fine now, OS5 is the past, OS6 is the present.

I had every setting enabled to load HTML email and it was a no go. The boxes would show up with nothing inside every single time.
    06-20-11 01:03 PM
    everything was set up correctly, like i said, RIM broke it like 23142 other things that once worked.
    1magine likes this.
    06-20-11 01:04 PM
    I had every setting enabled to load HTML email and it was a no go. The boxes would show up with nothing inside every single time.
    Same here. Running .570 of OS 6. Have both "enable html" and "download inages automatically" turned on. I get the basic html formatting, but images never come in. I have to click the menu button and then the "get images" option to see everything.

At least the "auto more" option works.

06-20-11 01:43 PM
    Strange, that must've been a carrier restriction. If you opened the email and pressed menu/get images would've that loaded the html email?

06-20-11 01:45 PM
    It is apparently not carrrier or BES limitation. Just BBM'd a few people. My wife on OS5 BIS VZW, my buddy John OS6 Tmobile BIS, Zachary on BES AT&T. Much like Howard indicated, RIM has a history of breaking things that once worked and not fixing them. It may be device/OS more specific, but I think there is likely a piece of OS that is being re-used and re-compiled that has this bug/limitation.
    06-20-11 01:50 PM
    Strange, that must've been a carrier restriction. If you opened the email and pressed menu/get images would've that loaded the html email?

Yea, but even that was flaky. Sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't.

I don't know why the carriers would restrict RIM devices, which use less data, from getting HTML email, but allow every other platform under the sun to get it. Makes no sense to me.
    06-20-11 02:26 PM
    Yea, but even that was flaky. Sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't.

I don't know why the carriers would restrict RIM devices, which use less data, from getting HTML email, but allow every other platform under the sun to get it. Makes no sense to me.
    Now that I think about it, it must have something to do with security as a warning pops up and asks to confirm the download, it says something about the possibility of exposing your address. I can't remember exactly.

06-20-11 02:35 PM
    You mean this?
    06-20-11 03:12 PM
    You mean this?
    Yeah, what's that about, any idea?

06-20-11 03:27 PM
    It's a security thing......

Presumably, if someone sent you an email, then they already have your email address.

But, opening an email with image can expose your IP address. If the images are hosted on a web server, then opening the email causes your computer to download these images from the web server where they are hosted. Then, the web server can pick up your IP address.

This is a common method used by email marketers to track if/when you open mail that they send you. Many mail clients nowadays block downloading of hosted images for this reason, and/or ask or warn you before downloading.

Gmail on the PC does the same thing. You can choose to always show images from sender - Safe list.

Same goes for BB. Once you choose to download. Any other messages from them will always display.
    06-20-11 03:37 PM
    Even then sometimes it still wouldn't work. I just like having my messages show what they are suppose to as soon as I open them. No truncation or optional loading needed on my part.
    06-20-11 04:21 PM
    Even then sometimes it still wouldn't work. I just like having my messages show what they are suppose to as soon as I open them. No truncation or optional loading needed on my part.
    Do you have the option to stop it ie when roaming?

06-20-11 05:13 PM
    Do you have the option to stop it ie when roaming?

I have the option to "load remote images" set as "on". If I was roaming, I would set it as "off". I have no need to worry about roaming here in the U.S..
    06-20-11 05:18 PM
    I'm still confused about truncated emails. Can you download them from you're blackberry web browser?
    06-20-11 10:30 PM
    you should be fine using a browser, just not via the native mail client on the BB. They get truncated by RIMs servers. If you access your mail on a web browser they arent going thru the servers.
    blue81to likes this.
    06-20-11 10:35 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD