I read on line a few minutes ago that President Trump had handed over is Android phone for a more secure cell phone but it did not mention what the new phone was. Any ideas??

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 04:42 PM
    It won't be a BlackBerry.
    gugomat likes this.
    01-20-17 05:38 PM
    I read on line a few minutes ago that President Trump had handed over is Android phone for a more secure cell phone but it did not mention what the new phone was. Any ideas??

Posted via CB10
    IPhone I think. They are almost as secure as BlackBerry but more popular.
    01-20-17 05:52 PM
    01-20-17 05:52 PM
    Actually with his popularly at the moment perhaps him using a iPhone is a good thing. Trump using a BlackBerry would be another nail in BlackBerry's coffin.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 06:07 PM
    It will be something special not available to public. Made by general dynamics usually. He will also probably get a severely locked down iphone.
    shaleem likes this.
    01-20-17 06:36 PM
    Maybe he got one of those Boeing cellphones. It's made in America
    01-20-17 06:53 PM
    It will be something special not available to public. Made by general dynamics usually. He will also probably get a severely locked down iphone.
    The Sectéra Edge was discontinued. It's most likely a highly modified Galaxy S4
    goodbye-obamaberry-hello-obamadroid/

The DMCC-S handset sacrifices some of the Galaxy's functionality for security purposes. While it uses biometric authentication, there's no user-accessible camera, so there's no selfie-snapping in secure facilities. The Android applications on the DMCC-S Galaxy are restricted to a selection from DISA's Mobile Application Store (MAS).

The stock DMCC-S Galaxy can be used for standard domestic and international calling as well as secure Voice over IP calls. E-mail access on DMCC-S devices is provided through "secure Outlook Web Access," according to DISA's data sheet for the phone. However, Obama's device appears to have even further restrictions for security purposes. Obama told Fallon that he can't place phone calls on it—the phone is likely restricted to secure VoIP functionality, with outside calls controlled from a secure switchboard.
    Trump uses an old Galaxy to tweet anyway so he'll be right at home.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-20-17 08:20 PM
    Yep. He or an assistant likely carries the follow-on to the now-discontinued GD Sectéra Edge for secure communications, and a heavily locked-down iPhone for other stuff.

Trumps New Phone-edge_unclassified_2010.jpg
    01-20-17 08:49 PM
    IPhone I think. They are almost as secure as BlackBerry but more popular.
    Probably with up-skirt camera in addition to front and rear-facing.

BB, Still the One
    sonicpix likes this.
    01-20-17 09:24 PM
    Wasn't it Trump in favour of Apple giving up its secrets in the San Bernadino case that might have compromised the entire company, and he slammed Apple for not helping the police?

I would like to see him work WITH Apple but I think there might be some bad blood between Trump and Apple.

So I will guess that it might NOT be an Apple.

Maybe they will modify an Android for him if that's his bag.

He said he will not give up Tweeting, so would there be a weakness that can be exploited on his device through Twitter?

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    01-21-17 12:33 AM
    samsung s4,read above

Via classic
    01-21-17 12:52 AM
    samsung s4,read above

Via classic
    Is it definitive? I thought we were still speculating.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-21-17 01:02 AM
    Hopefully it's locked down so hard, he can't install Twitter.

Enjoy 8 years of Trump, America!
    sonicpix likes this.
    01-21-17 03:50 AM

Why 8?
    00stryder and sonicpix like this.
    01-21-17 04:44 AM
    You'll never get told what the device really is anyway. Even Obama's 'BlackBerry' wasn't a BlackBerry. It was just gutted and placed in a BlackBerry shell. Great for creating arguments such as 'Obama used a BlackBerry!' but the reality is much different.
    sidtek50 and rthonpm like this.
    01-21-17 05:00 AM
    You'll never get told what the device really is anyway. Even Obama's 'BlackBerry' wasn't a BlackBerry. It was just gutted and placed in a BlackBerry shell. Great for creating arguments such as 'Obama used a BlackBerry!' but the reality is much different.
    When Obama was given a smartphone to replace his Blackberry he had said that the NSA told him, “Mr President for security reasons this is a great phone, state of the art, but it doesn’t take pictures, you can’t text, the phone doesn’t work, you can’t play your music on it“.“Does your three—year—old have one of those play phones? With the stickers on it? That’s basically the phone I’ve got,” Obama had earlier said.
    Trump trades Android for new secure,encrypted device: report - The Hindu
    A dumb phone in many ways
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-21-17 05:06 AM
    The Russians may have video showing he likes PP (Passport).

BB, Still the One
    Last edited by TCB on Z10; 01-21-17 at 03:44 PM.
    sonicpix likes this.
    01-21-17 06:45 AM

Actually, he is tweeting from 2 accounts now.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 07:03 AM
    The only 100% secure device is a broken device. Not by hammer, either... Haha... A 1200dF kiln might be a better start. Although breaking it with a common microwave might have merit, but needs testing. Lol.

Hardware aside, hopefully, what ever passwords ANYone up there uses isn't the word "password"... Lol.
    01-21-17 07:52 AM
    Obama was moved to an iPhone after using a BlackBerry for a while. So perhaps Trump will have a highly modified iPhone as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 08:29 AM
    Obama was moved to an iPhone after using a BlackBerry for a while. So perhaps Trump will have a highly modified iPhone as well.

Posted via CB10
    Obama used both a BB and an Apple at the same time. The Apple was strictly for personal use and was fitted with voice and text encryption, NO government use was allowed. BB was all business.
    01-21-17 09:42 AM
    I take it back, Now I think Trump MIGHT get a modified iPhone because I read off Appy-Geek (I believe it was a PC Magazine article) that he uses an Android and an IPhone for his tweets, etc.

In the end I'm sure that after His stance on Apple and not helping the police, Apple still wouldn't mind the endorsement or publicity. But I think it more depends on what Trump would use or refuse to use in the end.
    01-21-17 10:57 AM
    Probably with up-skirt camera in addition to front and rear-facing.

BB, Still the One
    Lol...
    But that would cost extra.. LoL
    But who cares taxpayers pay for it anyway so why not having it.. just for a laugh.. LoL

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-21-17 11:06 AM
    I heard Trump was getting a Russian phone! 😂

Posted via CB10
    kitmo, sonicpix and David Tyler like this.
    01-21-17 11:07 AM
49 12