We all know blackberrys have the best true push email. My question is are there any other phones that get true instant push email without being on like a microsoft exchange or something? Example ,Iphones or palms or any other smartphone.
    02-03-10 05:43 PM
    I think some Nokia handsets support the Nokia Messaging. I haven't used it though.
    02-03-10 11:42 PM
    The "or something" is pretty wide open. My old Treo 680 had true push email using Chatter email and an IMAP server that supported the IDLE protocol. The mail would hit my Treo's inbox about the same time as on my computer and, unlike BIS, supported the folder structure of my server. The price I paid for that functionality was that battery life, already poor on the Treo, was awful since it had to maintain a data connection with the mail server. I had one of those big aftermarket Seido batteries with the special battery door and it still wouldn't get through a busy day. Battery life is what ultimately sold me on the BlackBerry.

We all know blackberrys have the best true push email. My question is are there any other phones that get true instant push email without being on like a microsoft exchange or something? Example ,Iphones or palms or any other smartphone.
    02-04-10 01:10 PM
    if you use Gmail,then the android devices and Iphone also has a sort of push e-mail service.
    02-04-10 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD