View Poll Results: Which has better HTML email viewing?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry OS

1 3.45%
  • iPhone OS

24 82.76%
  • Other

0 0%
  • I don't know/care

4 13.79%
    Hey everyone,

Before we get started, I am not planning on getting the iPhone at all lol. Okayyy...so: Blackberry is always heralded as having the best email. I agree, for the most part. But why does an HTML email message with a lot of pics and structuring look absolutely horrid on my Berry compared to, say, the iPhone? I tested this with an iPhone-using friend and the same email looked sooo much better on his phone. I know I can enable images and whatnot on my Blackberry, but why does it always look like a jig-saw puzzle?

Is there an improvement on the way with 5.0? Probably not. I have used Empower and it works ehhh. Does anyone have an explanation?

Thanks guys...and remember, I love my Blackberry. I am not leaving it. Just starting a discussion!

Edit: I am adding a fun little poll
    05-28-09 10:54 AM
    HTML email is fairly new to the Blackberry. This used to be because RIM stripped HTML email and compressed the images.. Now that they realize people want it, it'll get better.

I do agree however that the HTML email on the iPhone is nearly perfect.. HTML email on any Blackberry, including the Storm, is just atrocious. =(
    05-28-09 12:42 PM
    iPhone bar none. I've used Blackberry, WinMo, and the iPhone OS for email...it's just so polished on the iPhone right now. Now, I have no doubt that the other OS will continue to improve their HTML email viewing experience, but as of now, Apple has the advantage.
    05-28-09 03:13 PM
    I felt like I was the only one that this bugged the heck out of. I mean it looks like a 3 yr old assembled the email. RIM needs to allow true html email rendering and automatic image download. Sure its a security feature now, but give the end users the ability to auto-accept images at their own risk.

Delivery of BES/BIS email for the most part is excellent, however RIM needs to step up the rendering of the html emails.

Are we in the minority here? I think so for now, not long though. Text only email with push was great for business 5 yrs ago, however the times have changed with the marketing of the blackberry brand to more of a consumer personal segment.

I sure hope RIM is listening and reading this!
    06-26-09 11:46 PM
    Day in and day out, in today's world, the things that made Blackberries a quick text based communications machine is quickly biting RIM in the a55.

RIM needs to step it up... and quick. They have 6 months to show me something.
    06-27-09 12:37 AM
    Day in and day out, in today's world, the things that made Blackberries a quick text based communications machine is quickly biting RIM in the a55.

RIM needs to step it up... and quick. They have 6 months to show me something.
    I agree.. RIM has an uphill battle on their hands. Not only do they need to fix the email app, they need to fix the browser to compete better against others as well as fix the massive memory leak in just about every single BB device though..

What else sucks is any massive change to the core OS I am certain requires changes to their NOC, which means more $$ they have to spend.
    06-27-09 03:17 PM
    I agree.. RIM has an uphill battle on their hands. Not only do they need to fix the email app, they need to fix the browser to compete better against others as well as fix the massive memory leak in just about every single BB device though..

What else sucks is any massive change to the core OS I am certain requires changes to their NOC, which means more $$ they have to spend.
    Yeah, the NOC/Push design had good/innovative intentions when it was envisioned, but it's my belief that it's currently the platform's biggest achilles heel. The fact that they're still limiting TCP traffic sizes is a blatant statement of support of this. The fact that all data must still pass through their infrastructure is a big problem in my book. I've always argued that it adds an additional layer of dependance that's just no longer needed. At one time it was important, because cellular wireless network speeds were very limited and by streamlining the traffic, it helped things like keeping data usage low (before unlimited plans) and sped things up as well in terms of data transport (stripping unneeded data and compressing content). This is no longer the case. We now have unlimited data plans (in most of the world) and the wireless speeds are pretty much no longer an issue and with LTE becoming the next great thing in a few years, this will be an even lesser issue then.

I think RIM's got some money to spend within the next 2 years on platform development and evolution... that is a must in my opinion.
    06-27-09 04:02 PM
    Yeah, the NOC/Push design had good/innovative intentions when it was envisioned, but it's my belief that it's currently the platform's biggest achilles heel. The fact that they're still limiting TCP traffic sizes is a blatant statement of support of this. The fact that all data must still pass through their infrastructure is a big problem in my book. I've always argued that it adds an additional layer of dependance that's just no longer needed. At one time it was important, because cellular wireless network speeds were very limited and by streamlining the traffic, it helped things like keeping data usage low (before unlimited plans) and sped things up as well in terms of data transport (stripping unneeded data and compressing content). This is no longer the case. We now have unlimited data plans (in most of the world) and the wireless speeds are pretty much no longer an issue and with LTE becoming the next great thing in a few years, this will be an even lesser issue then.

I think RIM's got some money to spend within the next 2 years on platform development and evolution... that is a must in my opinion.
    I agree. People don't just want their devices for work anymore. They want work and play. The things that made blackberry so great is hindering other developments and making the OS stale and look outdated when compared to competitors. I have already pushed my Bold in the drawer after grabbing the 3GS and I need to see some REAL progress from RIM in the next 6-12 months. I'm tired of the marginal difference between devices and renaming them as if it's something brand new. This is why the media doesn't be all over blackberry device.... because they're are basically the same. The media was over the Storm because it was different. Now whether it was good, is another story.
    06-27-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD