I have been a fond user of BB's for a few years now. My first was a 7520 then a curve, bold 9000, now 9800 and 16g playbook. Before that I just grabbed whatever phone I liked and thought was cool. I've been feeling the pressure to jump ship lately no matter what positive's I read on crackberry. The 9810 is sick as far as a upgrade go, but it does not provide enough for me to lock in for 2 years. Yes I like apps but Im not app crazy, however I do like the option to upload what I want. BBM music does not excite me it is a nice feature but for a monthly fee? We all know there are better options. Where is the blackberry cloud, dual cameras, and flash ability? Yes QNX is coming but does anybody other than me feel RIM will drop the ball on this and screw up the launch and release. I know IOS and Android have the potential for security issues but does anybody know someone that has caught a virus on their phone. I like my phone it does what i need and but it feels like Im driving a crappy car with the new models sitting on the lot waiting for me to pick it up. I guess Im want to know how many others feel like this, What positives do you see in the next 6 months because the iphone5 will drop in October and be the best thing since pants with pockets. Thats what we will be brainwashed to think. Android phones from htc and moto drop quaterly and are bringing alot of options to the consumer. Yet we stand by our product when you know they lack. RIM sahre is down how far willl it drop. How long will we watch dumb and dumber do what they want to Blackberries and not what the market is asking for. If RIM will not strikeback willl we? Will we make a stand or wait till price share drops to low the low 20's , the playbook is discontinued and RIM is bought by Microsoft. I just want to know how CB feels and when do we say enough.
    09-21-11 09:20 AM
    You will see wide spread infections of mobile devices. It is early yet. One of the hottest businesses ramping up is mobile device security; there is a reason for that.

I believe that with the new Bold, RIM is giving the market what it wants in a BlackBerry. Which is all they can manage at this point.

The PlayBook is starting to look like a costly mistake. Perhaps one that can be turned into a positive though.
    09-21-11 09:33 AM
    I can see where you're coming from OP. I seem to jump on technology late. I got onto the Palm Treo train right before it derailed and then I jumped to BB with OS 5 and love it. I don't plan to watch vids or play games with my phone. I need a dependable communication device and good battery life with a physical keyboard, but that's come to be a mantra and I wonder if RIM can sustain itself off that. I'm up for an upgrade and love the new Bold, but part of me wonders if OS7 is a stop-gap and how much support it will maintain.

I've looked at the other sites (tipb, wpcentral, and androidcentral [once I got past their fort knox-esque login process just to be able to read their forums]) and I just can't find a phone that meets all those needs other than BB. I guess if I were to lock into a 9930 for 2-years, its not like RIM will just drop all support for it, but RIM's financials do not bode well...at all and I heard all of the "the next OS will save the company" back when Palm was touting WebOS and we know how that turned out. WebOS is a good OS but the timing and market killed it. Will OS7 and even QNX be the same?
    09-21-11 10:26 AM
    This is my same thoughts. I have a upgrade and I am willling to try the iphone 5 the only thing is they are way to fragile. I swear my torch has been threw everything except a nuclear explosion and keeps on pumping. Plus the virtual keyboard seems like it will be tricky. I also agree with southlander in regards security will soon be a major issue. Yes we are alll not govt. spys but with mobile banking and NFC on the rise, this makes your phone just as important as your wallet. Everyday we read advancements in mobile hacking and all the potential for information to be stolen via bluetooth.
    09-21-11 10:53 AM
    Well, a QNX device with a keyboard is probably still a year away.

But before you make any decisions, I'd say wait til iPhone 5 is unveiled. And til DevCom to see if QNX is what you're looking for. If not, you can jump ship, and come back once you think it's what you're looking for.
    jpro757 likes this.
    09-21-11 01:19 PM
    I went to android- didn't like it. Not as fast to get stuff done, loads of extra steps compared to bb.

I like the os7 devices but I love the form of my 9780. I'm waiting for the 9790. I might get the 9900 but I'm not sure I'd use a touch screen.

You'd regret changing. Not initially, but after about two months you'll regret it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 03:11 PM
    I went to android- didn't like it. Not as fast to get stuff done, loads of extra steps compared to bb.

You'd regret changing. Not initially, but after about two months you'll regret it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Couldn't agree more! And I am coming from a spring EVO 4G.
    09-21-11 03:44 PM
    Android is a nice platform if you want speed and all the bells and whistles. If you are looking for a solid business device than BB is the way to go. Android and apple have nice apps but most are for play not work.
    09-21-11 08:28 PM
    Thanks , thats the thing all the extra steps. Plus I feel all the ppl hating on BB does not really use it to the max and they have old bb's none of the new stuff, also they do not stay on top of new changes through various bb sites.
    10-04-11 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD