I just got a Blackberry Pearl from Ebay. I also just got the Blackberry package from AT&T. When I tried to setup my email it said that there was already an account assigned to this PIN. Is there anyway I can wipe this? Do I have contact the former owner and get his username and password. Is this problem from the phone or from AT&T? How can I set up my email?

Thanks
    grant
    Last edited by wga333; 03-04-08 at 01:41 PM.
    03-04-08 01:35 PM
    You need to contact the previous owner, and have him release the PIN from his BB account
    03-04-08 01:44 PM
    Thanks,
    I already contacted him thinking it was something he would have to do. Thanks for the help!
    03-04-08 01:47 PM
    I have been emailing the buyer and they say they never even had the Blackberry service. They said they never set up a user name and password. I have also wiped the phone. It still says that the PIN has been assigned. After I wiped it, I got a message from Blackberry saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network." What do I need to do to get my email up? Does it have to be something that was on the phone before I got it? Is there anything at&t can do to release the PIN? Is there anything Blackberry can do to release the PIN?
    03-07-08 08:12 PM
    contact your service provider or RIM and they would be able to release the pin...and assign a new pin to the new device.
    03-08-08 08:46 AM
    contact your service provider or RIM and they would be able to release the pin...and assign a new pin to the new device.
    They don't assign new PINs to BBs. You cannot change the PIN to the BBs, all that needs done is call the service provider and they will release the pin.
    03-08-08 09:26 AM
    once you register the device on the network again....bb server does assign a pin to the device.
    03-08-08 10:22 AM
    dont take my word for it though....i havent released a bb in a while
    03-08-08 10:37 AM
    buy a bb from a big box store with cash. take it home, swap it with yours, reseal it and make it look like it hasnt been opened. take it back, when they ask if its been opened say no, you just chose a different phone. they wont hassle you any more and they wont open it up to verify because then it would be considered "open box" which would mean they would have to discount the price to resell. They will ask for your name, give fake name, phone number and address. Cash back, and you have a new phone with no problems.
    03-08-08 10:43 AM
    buy a bb from a big box store with cash. take it home, swap it with yours, reseal it and make it look like it hasnt been opened. take it back, when they ask if its been opened say no, you just chose a different phone. they wont hassle you any more and they wont open it up to verify because then it would be considered "open box" which would mean they would have to discount the price to resell. They will ask for your name, give fake name, phone number and address. Cash back, and you have a new phone with no problems.
    lol wow i wanna try that!
    03-08-08 01:28 PM
    i got my bb off ebay the lady said she didnt have the info. i erased the phone and now i cant get "personal email" anywhere.
    03-08-08 01:36 PM
    i got my bb off ebay the lady said she didnt have the info. i erased the phone and now i cant get "personal email" anywhere.
    if you are talking about "setup internet email",you will need to download the service books.
    03-08-08 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD