Even more interesting. The above is my sent copy. I tapped the received and the attachment is 15.8mb, not 11.5!
    Mine did that too when I forwarded the attachment, went up 5mb
    06-07-13 03:40 PM
    Mine did that too when I forwarded the attachment, went up 5mb
    Yeah, no idea why... Same file though...
    06-07-13 03:43 PM
    I can predict some responses.

1. 60% will reply that they regularly email 300 page PDFs on their Z10 and they have not encountered a single problem
    2. 15% will argue that email is such an archaic way to share big files. Why don't you use Box or Dropbox? 40% of those who give this advice have previously argued that they would never trust cloud services for privacy reasons.
    3. 10% will say this will be fixed in the next release
    4. 10% will have you pegged as a paid shill for Apple and Samsung
    5. 5% miscellaneous
    Sigh so TRUE sad really
    06-07-13 03:48 PM
    On a side note, if you can receive the file no probs, have you tried forwarding the original mail with attachment? Not ideal, they should fix this limitation bug on attachments if it's OS related. But worth a try?
    Confirmed, it works when simply forwarding the email.
    06-07-13 03:48 PM
    Confirmed, it works when simply forwarding the email.
    Excellent. Not perfect but gets the job done till you can figure out the issue. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 03:52 PM
    I compiled a 124 page PDF file this evening for work on our company scanner....
    ...Scanned to email and left my office.
    ...Within a few minutes I got the PDF in both my test Z10, my iphone 4s and my 9930.

Of course my 9930 got the expected "truncated" dear John notification.....
    ...The Z10 and iphone 4s loaded that PDF up just fine.
    ...I then emailed the PDF to the person who requested it.

The iphone 4s shot it off without incident...
    ...The Z10 burped up "Attachment is to large".
    ...EPIC f'ing FAIL!

Blackberry will NEVER be taken seriously if it keeps auditioning for the Gong show or amature hour or whatever the typical blackberry fan ( fun ) boys want to call it! I am SO GLAD that I had the sense to TEST this phone prior to spending company money on a purchase of it.

I seriously wonder what type of excuses will start pouring in as to why, with all the hype of "keep moving", "tools not toys", QNX, peek and flow, etc. That I can email a PDF from an old iphone or Droid and I can't with Blackberry's new BB Z10! That's it, the test is over for me. It's too bad because I liked so many things about the BB. At 6 months in for this device I can't help but smile when I think of what the business advantage is for having a phone that can't email an attachment that a 49 dollar droid has zero problems with emailing.

My test of the Z10 is over.....
    ...Thanks for the dream / fantasy RIM - it was nice while it lasted.
    Let's backup here.
    How big is the PDF?
    When you said it bounces when you send it via your Z10 are you sending to the same email account that you were on your iPhone?
    Did you send it from the same email account on your Z10 as your iPhone?

Every email had something called overhead. If you send an email with an attachment your server will decompress (truncate it) attaching decompressed info making the email seem larger than it is, when the server on the end gets the email if it's too large (it takes the total size of the entire email including the header and compares it to the size limit), it will bounce.

The OS 10 may decompress PDF before sending it, though I am not sure what method (service provider) you are using to send it so it may be required by whoever that your device decompress the email, without knowing the important details it's hard to say.
    06-07-13 03:57 PM
    On the Outlook.com app (Hotmail's successor) for Android, the limit is 9 MB. I've sent 55 MB files on my Note 2 from both the Yahoo app and my personal account. FWIW, my firm email has a 30 MB cutoff, regardless of where you're sending from.
    Remember 30MB isn't 30MB like you see it, its 30MB that includes the overhead.
    06-07-13 03:59 PM
    Correct. If you're not on EAS, and unless Blackberry changes that limitation. Don't forget the missing "Search on Server" for regular accounts... Are you just looking for things to find wrong with the device so you can switch or ...
    I would like to dump the iphone 4s and be able to do what I need with one phone...
    ...I would like it to be a blackberry so I'm mirroring everything I do with the iphone with the BB.
    ...To make sure the Z10 does everything "I need it to".
    southlander likes this.
    06-07-13 04:57 PM
    Okay, so I just sent an 11.5mb PDF file to myself as an attachment (no forward) using Wireless not Cellular Data. I guess it rejected my first attempt as my provider has a 20 mb limit.

Anyway, using an Indie provider (Servernorth), IMAP, no EAS, or BES server. Sent and received! Perhaps it's not a Blackberry OS10 issue entirely?
    What os are you running?
    06-07-13 05:01 PM
    What os are you running?
    Rogers 10.1.0.273.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 05:03 PM
    I would like to dump the iphone 4s and be able to do what I need with one phone...
    ...I would like it to be a blackberry so I'm mirroring everything I do with the iphone with the BB.
    ...To make sure the Z10 does everything "I need it to".
    I hear ya, the 30 day limit, search on server are issues that need to be fixed. And if the attachments issue doesn't work properly that needs to be fixed as well. Was mainly joshin' ya.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 05:05 PM
    Let's backup here.
    How big is the PDF?
    16mb

When you said it bounces when you send it via your Z10 are you sending to the same email account that you were on your iPhone?
    Yes, both my iphone, 9930 and test Z10 are set up identically....
    ...Same email accounts on each device.

Did you send it from the same email account on your Z10 as your iPhone?
    Yes ( I tried to ) and tested it on other email accounts as well...
    ..I saved the PDF on the Z10 and attempted to email it from the file manager.
    ..PDF open fine yet when I try to email it from there I get the message.

Every email had something called overhead. If you send an email with an attachment your server will decompress (truncate it) attaching decompressed info making the email seem larger than it is, when the server on the end gets the email if it's too large (it takes the total size of the entire email including the header and compares it to the size limit), it will bounce.

The OS 10 may decompress PDF before sending it, though I am not sure what method (service provider) you are using to send it so it may be required by whoever that your device decompress the email, without knowing the important details it's hard to say.
    The only thing I can confirm is that I'm able to send this exact PDF from other devices I have access to and can't even get the file to attach to an outgoing email from the Z10.
    06-07-13 05:07 PM
    Rogers 10.1.0.273.

Posted via CB10
    Wonder if something got borked in the leaked os's
    06-07-13 05:24 PM
    Wonder if something got borked in the leaked os's
    Good point, maybe. Was the OP running one of the hybrids? I know it works over 10mb for me and I'm on basic imap... Maybe later when I'm on WiFi again I'll try from Gmail with the 22mb file. Or someone else on here with the same setup can give it a go?

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    06-07-13 05:42 PM
    Actually I encountered this issue too.. I had to send a photo I took to my desktop and I used my email to send it but after an hour it was still in the outbox. The photo was 1.9MB.. anyone knows if there is any settings I should change?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 06:38 PM
    I miss the upload progress on bb7, you could see the status of your email being sent.
    06-07-13 06:44 PM
    Yet I posted a screenshot of sending 9mb.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Did you actually read my full post?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-07-13 07:22 PM
    Good point, maybe. Was the OP running one of the hybrids? I know it works over 10mb for me and I'm on basic imap... Maybe later when I'm on WiFi again I'll try from Gmail with the 22mb file. Or someone else on here with the same setup can give it a go?

Posted via CB10
    I have Rogers 10.1.0.273 as well, and my 12 MB file was rejected (Gmail over wifi).
    06-07-13 07:26 PM
    Did you actually read my full post?

Of course not, he cherry pics what he replies to. Guess it's easier to call someone a liar than actually try it yourself first
    JeepBB and JasW like this.
    06-07-13 07:29 PM
    I'm here with stock Verizon 10.0.9.2743. The issue isn't sending (which it can do when you simply forward an email already containing a big attachment)... the issue seems to be with the attachment UI of the email 'app', which doesn't even let you add it to an email so as to attempt to send.

Weird that some can, and some can't.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    06-07-13 07:34 PM
    I have Rogers 10.1.0.273 as well, and my 12 MB file was rejected (Gmail over wifi).
    Attaching it or during sending?
    06-07-13 07:37 PM
    Attaching it or during sending?
    It fails when trying to attach. As AnimalPak suggested, forwarding an existing email with the same attachment does seem to work fine.

EDIT: As some have mentioned, the attachment seems to have grown by 4.5MB... bizarre.
    h20work likes this.
    06-07-13 07:43 PM
    Of course not, he cherry pics what he replies to. Guess it's easier to call someone a liar than actually try it yourself first
    Ah. Just thought I'd ask. Ta for clarifying.

h20work likes this.
    06-07-13 07:44 PM
    It fails when trying to attach. As AnimalPak suggested, forwarding an existing email with the same attachment does seem to work fine.

EDIT: As some have mentioned, the attachment seems to have grown by 4.5MB... bizarre.
    Thanks, no idea why it shows larger when forwarding, but when I saved the file after forwarding it shrank back to its original size. Both in file manager and the email itself
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    06-07-13 07:47 PM
    Years ago I was exposed to this body shop manager who didn't deliver a quality job on peoples cars. What he would do is butcher the car out of his shop and then tell the customers to make a list of what they didn't like and he would work on those things! some of the issues with BB10 remind me of this guy.
    06-07-13 07:51 PM
165 ... 34567