I compiled a 124 page PDF file this evening for work on our company scanner....
    ...Scanned to email and left my office.
    ...Within a few minutes I got the PDF in both my test Z10, my iphone 4s and my 9930.

Of course my 9930 got the expected "truncated" dear John notification.....
    ...The Z10 and iphone 4s loaded that PDF up just fine.
    ...I then emailed the PDF to the person who requested it.

The iphone 4s shot it off without incident...
    ...The Z10 burped up "Attachment is to large".
    ...EPIC f'ing FAIL!

Blackberry will NEVER be taken seriously if it keeps auditioning for the Gong show or amature hour or whatever the typical blackberry fan ( fun ) boys want to call it! I am SO GLAD that I had the sense to TEST this phone prior to spending company money on a purchase of it.

I seriously wonder what type of excuses will start pouring in as to why, with all the hype of "keep moving", "tools not toys", QNX, peek and flow, etc. That I can email a PDF from an old iphone or Droid and I can't with Blackberry's new BB Z10! That's it, the test is over for me. It's too bad because I liked so many things about the BB. At 6 months in for this device I can't help but smile when I think of what the business advantage is for having a phone that can't email an attachment that a 49 dollar droid has zero problems with emailing.

My test of the Z10 is over.....
    ...Thanks for the dream / fantasy RIM - it was nice while it lasted.
    Last edited by pythons; 06-07-13 at 03:16 AM.
    06-07-13 02:58 AM
    ...Within a few minutes I got the PDF in both my test Z10, my iphone 4s and my 9930.

...EPIC f'ing FAIL!

Blackberry will NEVER be taken seriously if it keeps auditioning for the Gong show or amature hour or whatever the typical blackberry fan ( fun ) boys want to call it! I am SO GLAD that I had the sense to TEST this phone prior to spending company money on a purchase of it.

I seriously wonder what type of excuses will start pouring in as to why, with all the hype of "keep moving", "tools not toys", QNX, peek and flow, etc. That I can email a PDF from an old iphone or Droid and I can't with Blackberry's new BB Z10! That's it, the test is over for me. It's too bad because I liked so many things about the BB. At 6 months in for this device I can't help but smile when I think of what the business advantage is for having a phone that can't email an attachment that a 49 dollar droid has zero problems with emailing.

I hate that I can't email a Story Maker vid from my Q10 as I get the "attachment too large" - what gives?
    Man, bet you weren't happy with your Z10.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    Last edited by CJH_; 06-07-13 at 02:07 PM.
    richardat and potatoguy like this.
    06-07-13 03:34 AM

I seriously wonder what type of excuses will start pouring in as to why, with all the hype of "keep moving", "tools not toys", QNX, peek and flow, etc. That I can email a PDF from an old iphone or Droid and I can't with Blackberry's new BB Z10!
    I can predict some responses.

1. 60% will reply that they regularly email 300 page PDFs on their Z10 and they have not encountered a single problem
    2. 15% will argue that email is such an archaic way to share big files. Why don't you use Box or Dropbox? 40% of those who give this advice have previously argued that they would never trust cloud services for privacy reasons.
    3. 10% will say this will be fixed in the next release
    4. 10% will have you pegged as a paid shill for Apple and Samsung
    5. 5% miscellaneous
    06-07-13 03:46 AM

1. 60% will reply that they regularly email 300 page PDFs on their Z10 and they have not encountered a single problem
    2. 15% will argue that email is such an archaic way to share big files. Why don't you use Box or Dropbox? 40% of those who give this advice have previously argued that they would never trust cloud services for privacy reasons.
    5. 5% miscellaneous
    LMAO...this is effin great!

Posted via Crackberry on my Z10!
    Blaque Berry likes this.
    06-07-13 03:54 AM
    How many MB was that .pdf?
    06-07-13 04:06 AM
    I'd hate to accidently send 500 megs worth of data over my data plan and find out at bill time i went over. thats probably why the warnings are there. my GF has a 400 megabyte plan, so sending large files would eat through that in minutes.
    06-07-13 04:10 AM
    So the "Tool" was outclassed by a "toy"?

Remarkable!
    06-07-13 04:17 AM
    1% will answer hoolabugabooga....

HOOLABUGABOOGA!!!!!

Posted via my sexy Z10.
    06-07-13 04:21 AM
    I'd hate to accidently send 500 megs worth of data over my data plan and find out at bill time i went over. thats probably why the warnings are there. my GF has a 400 megabyte plan, so sending large files would eat through that in minutes.
    Warnings are great. Stopping you after giving the warning is uncool.
    06-07-13 04:24 AM
    is there a size limit on the email your using to send it out?
    06-07-13 04:34 AM
    is there a size limit on the email your using to send it out?
    I'd read there's a 6mb limit for Blackberry devices.
    06-07-13 04:36 AM
    I wouldn't like if this happened to me

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 04:39 AM

5. 5% miscellaneous
    I am seeing lots of negative posts lately...I am not buying this bashing for one minute....

I am a feeling people who are short this stock are in serious pain now.

See you all June 28th
    Yep, short HATERS. Don't see why people are whining anyways. I sideloaded sending big PDF's, with the latest leak and my own custom android ROM....once in a while it just sends pages of gibbersish or reboots, but the rest of the time it works almost every time!
    JeepBB, aniym and tmb2013 like this.
    06-07-13 05:12 AM
    That's frustrating. I'm puzzled why it would even occur. Usually attachments in my experience are dictated by your is and/or network mail system.

Are you using Z10 on a corporate environment with BES10?

Posted via CB10
    Ospot likes this.
    06-07-13 05:21 AM
    OP, I believe it is a problem of the email account you are using on your Z10 (the attachment size limit is set on the email account, not on the phone).

Try switch the accounts between the 4S and the Z10 and make the test one more time (and, if it is not too much to ask, come back with the results on this thread, since you are the one who started it).

That is, if you're not trolling (which I suspect it might be the case, from the general tone you are using).
    06-07-13 05:37 AM
    This is a serious problem!!! These subjects need to be addressed!!!

Come on Blackberry time to wake up already!!
    06-07-13 05:40 AM
    Lol all this and no mention of the size of the attachment, the email account used, carrier your on, and you expect us to take you seriously...

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 05:44 AM
    the original poster is correct blackberry is saying that this device keeps you moving but if you cant do simple things like that it can be a problem for some users .How about instead of saying file is to large a better option would be to give a warning notice stating that sending such a large file can use up lots of data minutes etc give people the option to send it anyway.
    06-07-13 06:07 AM
    That is, if you're not trolling (which I suspect it might be the case, from the general tone you are using).
    Doubt that, but he is having and issue and frustrated. I'm the same way when Link crashes, doesn't sync properly or my device reboots.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 06:08 AM

...EPIC f'ing FAIL!

Don't use drugs - you see how it is very dangerous.
    06-07-13 06:47 AM
    Lol all this and no mention of the size of the attachment, the email account used, carrier your on, and you expect us to take you seriously...
    ... or you could just ask such questions instead of posting "lol" and other derisive comments that are in no way value-added.
    06-07-13 07:13 AM
    We are WAITINGGGGGGG what was the size of the file.? Email account etc.. ? If you want to rant, rant,but please provide more information to make it worth it... cause right now i call bull... What i do want you to try is try saving that pdf onto your iPhone, try opening that file on your iphone not in mail.. bet you cant do that... bet you can't zip that file and send it... and i bet you are a troll because mail on the phone only limits you by the limit set by the mail provider.... How do i know? because i get attachments all the time with pdfs, excel and all kinds of other files... and there is no way you received and could not foward.. .

BOTTOM LINE... so give us the parameters so we can test, debunk, or join your frustration.. until then, quit troll in
    06-07-13 07:23 AM
    What was the file size? In my experience, email file size was always limited by the email server and not the device. The 6 MB limit is for BBM I believe. Doesn't apply to email since I have sent emails larger than that before. Was the Z10 on the same provider and plan?
    06-07-13 07:24 AM

5. 5% miscellaneous
    Ill pick option four im sure BlackBerry will fix it in a future update.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    06-07-13 07:26 AM

...EPIC f'ing FAIL!

Well I have sent 10mb file from my Z10. How big was your file?
    06-07-13 07:33 AM
165 123 ...