I was under the impression that the 30 day limit was resolved in 10.1. It seems to be for me. I have a forever option.
    Only if you have Exchange Active Sync based email.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-08-13 03:11 PM
    Take this as a warning, if anyone sends me a 124 page pdf attachment to an email, I will kick their a/s/s! File that under misc.
    So true!

Anyone who doesn't get this doesn't get lambasted with a truck load of email (usually from staff trying to make their urgent issues yours) every day. I hit delete if I have to scroll through the text body of any message.
    06-08-13 04:17 PM
    So true!

Anyone who doesn't get this doesn't get lambasted with a truck load of email (usually from staff trying to make their urgent issues yours) every day. I hit delete if I have to scroll through the text body of any message.
    That must be why Android and I.O.S. devices support doing it then.....
    ...And how much market share did these two platforms "RIP" away from Blackberry?
    06-08-13 05:05 PM
    That must be why Android and I.O.S. devices support doing it then.....
    ...And how much market share did these two platforms "RIP" away from Blackberry?
    Big whoop that those platforms can send large/r attachments. IT policies can be changed to accommodate large attachments, so that's not really an issue. Recreational users of email don't understand what it's like to open up and sift through a full inbox every day. Can take 2-3 hours of time to go through and prioritize responses. Reports, briefs, portfolios etc can and should be delivered via sneakernet whenever practical thank you very much.
    06-08-13 05:15 PM
    Big whoop that those platforms can send large/r attachments. IT policies can be changed to accommodate large attachments, so that's not really an issue. Recreational users of email don't understand what it's like to open up and sift through a full inbox every day. Can take 2-3 hours of time to go through and prioritize responses. Reports, briefs, portfolios etc can and should be delivered via sneakernet whenever practical thank you very much.
    Do you believe that roughly 97% of the people who are in the market to purchase a smartphone....
    ...Observe and prefer your stated rubrics for management of attachments?
    ...Like I asked previously, is THAT why every other platform has the ability to attach a file of that size?

Do you believe that the inability of even attaching a file of that size is related to an I.T. policy?
    ...Who's I.T. policy is causing this issue?

Your understanding of supply and demand is alien to how products actually sell.
    06-08-13 07:16 PM
    I'm in the field everyday, often in a foreign country as well. I'm not paying for an extra airline ticket for the sneakernet to deliver me information I need at a moments notice.

I routinely use my bb's camera to document my findings, then send the photos in emails with notes. Bb10 no longer scales the file sizes, so now I'm forced to send multiple emails instead of just one. Much more efficient?

Sure I could waste a bunch of time creating folders on box, then upload to each folder, share a link, and hope the recipient is either at a PC/mac or has the box app on their phone. Many completely unnecessary steps and a major waste of time. Time is money thank you very much.
    06-08-13 08:25 PM
    Side note, just because you might not use a feature doesn't mean no one else does.
    Flatman likes this.
    06-08-13 08:27 PM
    I'm in the field everyday, often in a foreign country as well. I'm not paying for an extra airline ticket for the sneakernet to deliver me information I need at a moments notice.
    I said whenever practical.

Links work just fine in other circumstances. Obviously you consider this an effort. Go for what works for you.
    06-08-13 08:57 PM
    I said whenever practical.

Links work just fine in other circumstances. Obviously you consider this an effort. Go for what works for you.
    Point is, blanket statements don't work. I use my phone differently than you do, which is absolutely fine. I can go days without the need to use a laptop/desktop. I'm dual carrying an unlocked Z and a 9850. I also take at least one playbook, which I bridge to the 9850. I like being able to view my emails on a larger screen sometimes.
    06-08-13 09:10 PM
    I can understand OPs issue as it is a valid limitation within the Z10s email capabilities. I too cannot send anything over 10MB from any email client from Hub and it is disappointing but not without a valid alternative to get past it. Seeing you're that disappointed with the situation, I would've advised you tried a simple workaround by opening your email directly from the web. If you had the device for 6 months?, you would've known how the Z10s browser trumps any other native device browser out there. From there, you're at the mercy of your email client's size limitations. From the ex below, Gmail's size limit is 25MB, no idea how it is with Yahoo, outlook.com or other clients. I've managed to attach a 25MB flac file on Gmail open on the browser using desktop view on basic HTML (alternate view option is Standard/Mobile which is worse with only 5MB allowed for attachments because of javascript limitation). If that is not good enough for you, then you better bring your issue to Google. Not really BlackBerry's fault.

trouble sending email attachments from my Z10-img_00000568.png

Posted via Z10
    Last edited by snihed; 06-09-13 at 02:51 AM.
    06-09-13 01:33 AM
    Thank you Gnomesane!
    ...Much appreciated.

Who knows how many people got the device then soon realized that they: couldn't email attachments of that size, couldn't call a number from inside a webpage, couldn't use an aux cable in their car to listen to music, couldn't sync email older than 30 days, couldn't send location from the map application etc. etc. etc. And, returned the device.
    True, they have been shortcomings on BB's part, but they are working on it. Of the list above, even though they may be some unable to do so, I can do the following from my Z10

1. I can use an auxiliary cable to listen to music

2. I can call a number from a webpage

They are working on the other's and I am confident that it will be addressed in future updates as they add more functionality to the platform.

The first iterations of both the ios and Android had many features missing, but people understood and stuck with those platforms until they matured. That's the price you pay for being an early adoptee of a brand new platform.

If you are unwilling to wait, then it makes sense to move to a more mature platform and avoid the frustration and you will be happier.

For me personally, I see a lot of potential in this platform, so I am willing to wait for improvements the same way I waited for improvements to ios and android. I own phones on all 3 platforms.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    06-09-13 08:09 AM
    It isn't polite to brag, not everyone is so fortunate lol

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    This one struck me as odd as I do it regularly also. Wonder why some would have this experience and not others?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 11:13 AM
    Lol all this and no mention of the size of the attachment, the email account used, carrier your on, and you expect us to take you seriously...

Posted via CB10
    +10. Pythons how about some details? Otherwise the thread will just be more fodder for the I told you so crew.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    06-09-13 11:53 PM
    Take this as a warning, if anyone sends me a 124 page pdf attachment to an email, I will kick their a/s/s! File that under misc.
    Awesome man. Just awesome. Lol.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    06-09-13 11:57 PM
    I work for a living . I am self employed. I get files like this all the time, never as an attachment to an email. Always,always,always, just email a link to where I can download the file myself. That's how it works. Anything else is uncivilized. Whining about how you cant fit an elephant through a doggie door doesn't demonstrate you need a "better" doggie door. It does demonstrate you need to rethink your method. I mean no disrespect to the OP, but really, just think about it.
    There are many firms and companies that for security reasons do not allow access to Dropbox, SugarSync, Google Drive, SkyDrive, etc. So they can't just email a link to someone because they're not allowed to upload docs to these services.

That said, if it's the file size (and not the number of pages) that is the problem, most businesses have scanners that do a good job of creating good quality scans even at 150 dpi with a minimal file size. (I have an inexpensive Canon scanner at home, and while it serves my purposes at home, it creates monster size files even at a low resolution.)

Most companies also have Adobe Acrobat Professional installed, which allows one to further minimized file sizes ("optimize scanned PDF" and "Reduce file size" are two Acrobat Professional functions I frequently rely on).
    06-10-13 07:20 AM
165 ... 567