I have tried searching the forums for about the last 30mins. and have tried a few things that I have found from what I read.

Just last night(Saturday Night) and today(Sunday) I have been getting on and off service it seems like. Saturday night my girlfriend said she tried texting me about 6 times and I never got one. Today my friend we were meeting up with said she tried texting me and BBM and I got one SMS that said "are you there???", so I clearly missed a few before that. My Mom also sent me two EMails both of which show up online in my inbox but never got to my phone. I got a EMail from my boss two days ago and tried replying today after I got my information I needed and it is still sitting in my EMail with a X next to it. I also had Facebook notifications that never got sent to my Blackberry. I have also on top of all of that been experiencing problems with using the browser(or BOLT). At one point earlier when I was in 3G coverage and had a few bars I would click a Bookmark and it said "Not enough coverage" or something along those lines making it seem like I had like 1/2 a bar or something. I don't remember exactly what it said.

Now i have tried basics like battery pull and reconcile now that I know of but what else is there that I can do to fix this? If somebody could let me know of all the things I can try to resolve this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    -Russ
    04-18-10 11:49 PM
    whats OS are you running ?
    04-18-10 11:52 PM
    Question: When this happens, are you in 1XEV, 1xev, 1X or 1x?
    04-18-10 11:53 PM
    I'm using a Blackberry Storm 2 on Verizon running the official .607 OS from VZW.

I'm not sure how to answer you travelingfool because it has been happening all day so I'm sure I have been in and out of different coverage areas with varying signal strengths all day. Right now it shows 3G with 4 bars.
    04-19-10 12:01 AM
    I'm using a Blackberry Storm 2 on Verizon running the official .607 OS from VZW.

I'm not sure how to answer you travelingfool because it has been happening all day so I'm sure I have been in and out of different coverage areas with varying strengths all day. Right now it shows 3G with 4 bars.
    Oh, so your OS or theme is displaying 3G rather than 1xev. Ok, then is there a BlackBerry symbol next to the 3G? If not, then you have no data via BIS. To confirm this, go into Manage Connections / Services Status. If it says BlackBerry Internet Service Connection: Mobile Network, then you have data. If it says BlackBerry Internet Service Connection: not connected, you don't have data access, and therein lies your problem.

This will affect everything you mentioned except for sms. It affects mms as well.

You could very well be in an area that does not have BIS coverage. I have experienced this in parts of Nevada, north eastern New Mexico, western Oklahoma and western Kansas, to name a few.
    Last edited by travelingfool; 04-19-10 at 12:16 AM.
    04-19-10 12:05 AM
    Sorry mchruss03, but I have to go to bed, so I can't wait this one out. I hope you get it figured out. If not, someone else should be jumping in shortly to help you.
    04-19-10 12:25 AM
    *I too am off to bed now but will keep a eye on this thread still tonight and in the morning and then after school I will see where it is and if I'm still having problems might bump it for more help/suggestions. I appreciate your help travelingfool. Thanks!*

Yes I'm using a theme at the moment. It is showing a Blackberry symbol next to the 3G. At the moment it says Blackberry Internet Service Connection: Wi-Fi. However at my friends house I had 3G and was trying to get that EMail to my boss sent but I didn't end up getting it sent until now when I got home it has finally sent. It seems though that even when I have had data that I have been having a hard time using it like with the web and EMail. I had Wi-Fi turned off this morning and was trying to use the internet but was getting that error when it showed I had the 3G data coverage with that Blackberry logo next to it still, I'm guessing from my Mobile Network I had the data? I'm not sure exactly how that works.

I have been having problems with SMS though too the last 2 days. I'm still having trouble too I think because a friend called and was wondering if I was getting the texts.

For the most part I'm in a area that whenever and wherever I use my BB for the most part I have 3G coverage with BIS/that Blackberry logo. I typically can send/receive EMails and browse the web and Facebook just about everywhere I have been around town and neighboring towns/cities.
    04-19-10 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD