Hi I need some help please, we are a family of Blackberrys and all on Orange....here is the proble:-

I can pin my eldest and my fiance and they can pin me HOWEVER when I try to pin my youngest daughter she CANNOT see my message at all, but she can Pin me?...?... why is this happening?....in my contacts list her lil smiley face has a L on the bottom right corner....she has a BB pearl, its not always like this occasionall she can see my message and we have even tried clearing message history but this hasnt realy helped, she obviously has the 5 a month pay as u go blackberry package like all of us do would be greatful for some advise thank u
    07-05-10 02:51 AM
    I would erase her and make sure she erases you to.
    then re add her.
    Try this and then check back here with the results.
    07-05-10 03:47 AM
    ok thanx i will give that a try when she gets home from school thanx again
    07-05-10 04:10 AM
    If the above suggestion doesn't work, tell your daughter to remove bbm and download it again.

By the way, see whether a simple battery pull helps... Pull the battery out while the device is ON and put it back on again after 30 seconds...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 04:59 AM
    Or maybe she just says she isn't getting them
    07-05-10 07:44 AM
    maybe try a direct PIN message as well, see if they behave the same as the do in bbm
    07-05-10 07:51 AM
    @OP: you are referring to BBM, correct? (As opposed to a PIN message, which is not the same thing.)

I would try the battery pull as suggested above. That can never hurt.

Also, if she looks in her combined Messages app instead of directly in the BBM, can she see your conversation there? (Btw, the Messages app is the only place you can see actual PIN messages.)

Lastly, you/her/all of you might want to upgrade to the newer BBM 5.0, which works as long as you have OS 4.5 or higher on your device. (Check your OS in Options app under About.)
    Point your Browser at http://www.blackberry.com/messenger or download via App World if you have that installed.
    Much nicer to look at and use. You'll have to re-add your BBM contacts after installing, but that will be the last time. The new one has Remote Backup which restores your BBM fully after you upgrade future versions, your device OS, or even get a new BB.

07-05-10 10:37 AM
    @OP: you are referring to BBM, correct? (As opposed to a PIN message, which is not the same thing.)

I would try the battery pull as suggested above. That can never hurt.

Also, if she looks in her combined Messages app instead of directly in the BBM, can she see your conversation there? (Btw, the Messages app is the only place you can see actual PIN messages.)

Lastly, you/her/all of you might want to upgrade to the newer BBM 5.0, which works as long as you have OS 4.5 or higher on your device. (Check your OS in Options app under About.)
    Point your Browser at http://www.blackberry.com/messenger or download via App World if you have that installed.
    Much nicer to look at and use. You'll have to re-add your BBM contacts after installing, but that will be the last time. The new one has Remote Backup which restores your BBM fully after you upgrade future versions, your device OS, or even get a new BB.

the pin 2 pin test might help, you could have a regional issue or just a messed up data connection (such as send all receive none)
    07-05-10 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD