So I went to my carrier to get a plan to make the mobile internet work on my phone... He told me to wait until all my prepaid credit is gone because it wipes it when I change on a plan, so I haven't got it yet. Anyways, I mentioned I got the BlackBerry from Europe (I'm in Australia) and he told me that if I get the mobile internet working, I will get charged insane rates because my phone will be registered in Europe, and Blackberry charges it as international rates.. Is this true? How do I make the phone know I'm in Austalia and I did not steal it to use internationally haha? As far as I knew, my phone was totally unlocked, but apparently the PIN has something to do with it?

I want to use the internet on my phone and not pay like 50billion bucks for checking my email. Helppp.
    10-01-10 08:43 PM
    This is not true, as long as you have a local sim card in the phone you won't get charged roaming rates. This would only happen if you were to use a sim card from elsewhere (e.g. europe) in australia.
    10-02-10 12:52 PM
    Thank you. Are you suuuree.. because the guy said the internet goes through the black berry server because it's black berry's services and then they think im international because the PHONE is from EU? So confused.
    10-02-10 12:55 PM
    Definately sure, people move blackberries over the world all the time. Your new carrier should register your phone on their BIS system and that should be it, no charges or anything
    10-02-10 01:06 PM
    Thank you. I don't know why the man in the shop said that then :S very weird...
    10-02-10 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD