I am a new Blackberry owner and slowly learning the ropes of this phone. My question is......

I have a Google account in which I access Google Maps. On this map, I have all my customers that I visit in the NYC area on MY MAPS. I have downloaded the Google Maps icon to my phone but for some reason I cannot get to MY MAPS when I'm signed in. Is there some type of software I have to download along with Google Maps?

Thank you.
    02-26-09 08:53 AM
    I'm not 100% sure, but you might need Google Latitude.
    02-26-09 08:57 AM
    Ok...thanks for answering my post. I did download that but it seems to be for tracking your friends and contacts. What I have is that I've made a map (through google) and I have all my customers on it. I want to be able to access that map through my phone and I can't seem to be able to.
    02-26-09 09:01 AM
    Ok...thanks for answering my post. I did download that but it seems to be for tracking your friends and contacts. What I have is that I've made a map (through google) and I have all my customers on it. I want to be able to access that map through my phone and I can't seem to be able to.
    Ok try this, Start up your browser, press BB button, select options, then Browser Configuration, then set the Browser to report itself as IE or Firefox. Then go to the maps website. Google Maps

EDIT: You may need or want to adjust some of the other setttings too, to get it to work like java script and such, you will need to try different settings.
    02-26-09 09:31 AM
    then set the Browser to report itself as IE or Firefox. Then go to the maps website. Google Maps.

You had me till this point......I don't understand the report itself part.
    02-26-09 09:45 AM
    then set the Browser to report itself as IE or Firefox. Then go to the maps website. Google Maps.

You had me till this point......I don't understand the report itself part.
    There is a setting in your browser properties that lets the BB browser report itself to the website in question as Internet Explorer or Firefox, IF it does that, then Google will feed you the full website, NOT the watered down mobile version. Start up the browser click on the BB button and scroll to and select Options, THEN select Browser Configuration you will see a setting called Browser Identification, which will say Blackberry, change it to Internet Explorer. You may also need to play with other settings in there, trial and error, ALSO it may be real slow, once you get it working as this is a data intensive way to use the web, on your BB.
    02-26-09 11:05 AM
    And he means you will be using your browser to look at google maps, NOT the application you loaded. The google maps application does not have the "my maps" feature.

In order to get "my maps" you have to use your browser and go directly to the Google map website. The website won't load correctly if your browser identification is set to look like a blackberry device to the website, so he wants you to switch the browser identification to "internet explorer".
    02-26-09 12:19 PM
    EDIT: I tried to load the "My Maps", using my Bold and my Curve 8900, but I could not get maps.google.com to load even with java enabled and browser emulation set to Internet Explorer. I went to Opera Mini, and it wouldn't load there either. However, the Bolt browser got the job done.
    Last edited by lalifeguards; 03-01-09 at 02:35 AM.
    02-26-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD