I have a Trojan horse on my BlackBerry or the memory card in it, and I can't get rid of it for the life of me. The file name is aieh8r.bat . About every-time I plug it into my computer, my anti-virus detects the threat. It infected my computer and my thumb drive. It also makes my BlackBerry run SLOW. How on EARTH can I get rid of this nasty bugger?
    04-20-10 08:24 PM
    don't know how you would have got that on your bb but you could probably get it off with bbsak and as for your pc>>>>> here you go aieh8r.bat and Other Malware Associated Files
    04-20-10 08:40 PM
    Wow malware on a BLACKBERRY???!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 09:23 PM
    That's why you never, ever download anything untrusted!!!
    04-20-10 09:26 PM
    How did that happen?

04-20-10 09:27 PM
    What apps are you using and also where did you get them from?
    04-20-10 11:01 PM
    well, what happens when you remove the memory card and plug it in?! That should tell you right there...

also, what is the "trojan" called?
    Last edited by Blacklac; 04-20-10 at 11:09 PM.
    04-20-10 11:07 PM

Not really. It's a virus on a removable media card that's in a BlackBerry.

Edit: That would be like taking an external hard drive that had a pc virus on it, plugging it into a Mac, and saying, "Wow. Malware on a Mac."

Last edited by travelingfool; 04-20-10 at 11:21 PM.
    04-20-10 11:07 PM

Right, no threat to the device itself, just a mobile bomb, ready to be set off whenever he plugs a USB cable.
    04-20-10 11:12 PM
    Try deleting the file while on the blackberry by going through the "files" option should be within one of your folders then maybe a reformat of the card as well if nothing important is on it.

When you disconnect the card does your anti virus on your pc detect the trojan ??

04-20-10 11:26 PM
    never heard of a malware or virus on a bb
    04-21-10 12:14 AM
    never heard of a malware or virus on a bb
    And you still haven't.

It's on the removable media card.

04-21-10 12:16 AM

Edit: That would be like taking an external hard drive that had a pc virus on it, plugging it into a Mac, and saying, "Wow. Malware on a Mac."

Lmfao. I totally did that too.

My friend started freaking out saying we'd found the first virus that affects a Mac, I was like "Uhhh...no. *delete*".
    04-21-10 12:53 AM
    I was scared for a sec until I realized it was just Windows malware on your SD card. Just download BeamExplorer and delete it.
    04-21-10 01:26 AM
    Can't you just connect in USB mode and delete it?

BTW Windows malware is no threat to a BB.
    04-21-10 02:37 AM
    If you can't kill the file while the card is in your BB there are several possibilities.

(a) The file is marked as hidden or protected from you PC's OS and antivirus.
    (b) The BB OS doesn't surface the file properly because it is in an unusual location.
    (c) The BB drivers on your PC are blocking the removal.

You could resolve either of these by two methods -
    (1) COPY your wanted files to a backup storage, and Format the media card
    -or-
    (2) Get a media card adaptor, and connect the card in a regular card reader to your PC. They look just like any other flash card to a PC's OS.

If this doesn't work and you can't clear the problem, Check that your PC is not the source of the problem. There's another possibility I saw last week when I put a known clean USB flash drive into a client's virus infested PC to print some files. Within seconds the AV popped up and complained about a trojan. I deleted it. Seconds later it was back. Deleted again, and again, and again... The malware was running in the PC's memory but the antivirus could not find and remove it on the hard disk. However it saw it on the USB as soon as the files were loaded there from the PC. My guess says my client's antivirus had been corrupted by the malware and told not to look at the hard disk. I gave suitable advice to the client and rescanned the USB on my notebook to remove the problem after I finished.
    04-21-10 04:14 AM
    Restore to defaults or clear the card data, or buy a new data card. Hope it gets better.
    04-21-10 04:44 AM

+1

How the **** do you get a trojan horse on a BB? A BLACKBERRY of all things?
    04-21-10 05:42 AM
    that happened to me also once. I had no idea it was on there or how it got there but avast would detect it whenever i plugged in my phone. All i did was take the card out and plug it it to my card reader then when avast came up i just minimized that for now and then reformatted my card. Problem solved, it cleared the card and any possible malware on it. Just make sure everything that you have on your card you have on your computer backed up
    04-21-10 06:00 AM
    How the **** do you get a trojan horse on a BB? A BLACKBERRY of all things?
    To the PC it's just a USB storage device. Most of the current trojans will write themselves (and a malicious autorun.inf) to any USB which is connected to the PC. The autorun then ensures the trojan is installed on the next PC to which the USB is connected, and the cycle continues.

The fix is simple - disable autorun on the PC so any malicious files on the USB are not executed automatically. More info
    04-21-10 06:05 AM
    Better yet, dump Windows and get a real OS

No Windows = No problem!
    04-21-10 07:31 AM
    Well... yes, but Linux support for BlackBerry is still rather limited.
    04-21-10 07:33 AM
    At least if you run Windows in a VM there's only so much damage it can do.
    04-21-10 07:42 AM
    Mhm. Makes me love BootCamp. Just wipe the partition and restore a backup. And even though it tried to infect my external, just hooked it up to the Mac side and deleted all the files from there! I heart you, Macbook.

On the subject of viruses though, anyone been getting the blank email virus hotmail's been spewing around?
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-21-10 at 08:34 AM.
    04-21-10 08:32 AM
    I didn't even think of formatting my card. I'm sure it's on the card. I don't know where I picked it up. I don't just go around downloading stuff for fun. Anyway, I'll try formatting the card and see if it takes care of the problem. Thanks for all the advice.
    04-21-10 10:20 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD