Oh!!! Gotcha..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 10:39 AM
    I actually just posted a thread titled "Interesting Article" about someone who got an Iphone, and instead returned it for a BB.
    I think Iphones are really cool. But, there are alot of cool phones out there. I think that it is great that there are choices for everyone to make.
    I never had an Iphone, but I had an Android (Samsung Moment) and I kept it for a year. I had a Lotus previously, which I thought was pretty awesome for a non smartphone. Within the year that I was using the Moment, I switched back to the Lotus for a few months. I was frustrated with the touchscreen, I was frustrated with the "bugginess" of the OS. I thought that the phone was awesome for surfing the internet. I considered it a teeny tiny version of my laptop! I understand that it was the first Samsung Android phone; so I understood it was not a reliable phone. The Lotus was great. Reliable, I got my texts in a timely manner, and no annoying hang ups or whatever due to the touchscreen. Surfing on the internet was atrocious after using the Moment though, haha!
    After complaining for the umpteenth time about my Moment, my friend sends me out her old Curve 8330. I activated it, started using it, and was psyched. I also kicked myself, because why didn't I try Blackberry before? I thought they were really only good for corporate folks. Blackberry fits my personality. I have been using a Blackberry now for nearly 4 months, and I am eagerly awaiting my birthday so that I can get a new one (I love the 8330, but I need one with more memory).
    02-18-11 12:48 AM
    MUST you leave your phone in an exposed location, if secrecy is so important to you?? That sounds at first blush, to be a very weak argument against having a phone that displays messages as they come in. Could you elucidate, please??
    I'll give you an example, my 14 year old niece gave me her iphone to play a motorcycle game, could I play it? NO, every 30 seconds there was an sms coming trough. Annoying as helll! Plus I had no choice but to read her messages, you can't exactly close your eyes on sections

02-18-11 01:39 AM
    I'll give you an example, my 14 year old niece gave me her iphone to play a motorcycle game, could I play it? NO, every 30 seconds there was an sms coming trough. Annoying as helll! Plus I had no choice but to read her messages, you can't exactly close your eyes on sections

Is there anything more annoying than when playing Angry Birds, the frickin' dumb OS stops play to display a reminder? Steve Jobs should be slapped upside the head. Don't mess with my Angry Birds play, especially when I'm at 35,000 feet, trying to kill time. LOL!
    02-18-11 04:24 PM
    If you only kept an iPhone for a couple weeks then you cannot really base comparisons on that. There are lots of Apps (both Paid and Free) that really make the iPhone worth owning. If you're just trailing a phone, then you probably didn't fully explore all of that.
    Why can't you? If you can't tell wiether you like a phone in a couple weeks then you don't like it. We make 5-6 year comments on cars based on 10-15 minute test drives. I'll know by the end of the day wiether I like something or not.

Last edited by 13echo4; 02-18-11 at 06:22 PM.
    02-18-11 05:10 PM
    ^ I completely agree. 3 days is more than enough for me. 1 week for most people. Here's the thing. Normally it should be the phone that bends to your needs and not the other way around.
    I know within 3 days if a certain device meets my needs. Of course I will do my own research prior to getting the phone to narrow down my selection.
    @ N8ter if it's the app that's keeping you with a certain platform (IOS) then what happens when the same app if overed in an ANdroid?
    I say, go with the hardware First then the apps.

02-18-11 05:58 PM
    I don't need to use every blade on a Swiss Army Knife to decide if I like the main tools I bought it for.

Do I have to remove a fish hook and saw a log to give an opinion on the knife blade, bottle opener and corkscrew?
    02-18-11 06:17 PM
    I don't need to use every blade on a Swiss Army Knife to decide if I like the main tools I bought it for.

Do I have to remove a fish hook and saw a log to give an opinion on the knife blade, bottle opener and corkscrew?
    Dude you really brought this one home. I really like this comment. To add alittle to it. Your SAK is no better than my Buck for me if all I use is a blade. Right? Now how many times do you have to use your knife before you can honestly say whiether you like it and can compair it to my Buck.

02-18-11 06:27 PM

Well said.
    02-18-11 07:14 PM
    5 Years a BlackBerry user and 4 BlackBerries later, all the IPhones users that surrounded me at work and those that continued to switch to one finally convinced me to give the IPhone a try. I purchased one and set it up Monday evening. Today I switched back to my Bold 9650 and I plan to return the IPhone tomorrow.

The IPhone has many features that I wish my Bold or a comparable BlackBerry had. The key things that were missing for me fully outweighed the small gains that the IPhone brought. I really hope that RIM picks up the pace on future BlackBerry phones that can compete better with the offerings now in the market or those that will be there in the future.

I learned this week that I really did appreciate my BlackBerry. I would like to see RIM regain their competitiveness and create future phones that will make me never want to leave BlackBerry again.
    02-18-11 07:30 PM
    The IPhone has many features that I wish my Bold or a comparable BlackBerry had. The key things that were missing for me fully outweighed the small gains that the IPhone brought. I really hope that RIM picks up the pace on future BlackBerry phones that can compete better with the offerings now in the market or those that will be there in the future.

I learned this week that I really did appreciate my BlackBerry. I would like to see RIM regain their competitiveness and create future phones that will make me never want to leave BlackBerry again.
    Look I'm really trying to take these comments seriously. Of course I don't know what Bold you have cause I'm on mobile. However you already left BB once and you came back and you say BB needs to step up the game? Sounds like to me the other guys needs to step it up cause you switched but they couldn't keep ya.

02-18-11 07:48 PM
    I had a Curve (and LOVED it) before the boyfriend talked me into an iPhone. I had a 3G (jailbroken) and a 4 (jailbroken) but the typing on that thing combined with the ridiculous auto-correct (it really sucks) made me miss my Berry even more. (That and battery life, signal strength, etc.) So I sold the 4 and bought a Torch and a 32GB iPod Touch. I don't miss my iPhone AT ALL. I think I'll be sticking to BB for a long time. I just wish they'd put an accelerometer in the 9800- which hopefully they'll do with the next version. :-)
    02-19-11 06:17 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD