I just downloaded this form my BB 8900 and i like the way this tool works but there are a few issues i have. I cant get to download maps at a good zoom level. Can anybody help with that?

TrekBuddy Link: TrekBuddy - J2ME application for GPS tracking
    Map Builder for TrekBuddyLink: gm2tb - GoogleMaps 2 TrekBuddy maps
    09-26-09 01:11 AM
    Anybody???
    09-27-09 08:38 AM
    has nobody used it?
    09-29-09 10:24 AM
    Hey there...

I just got the Trekbuddy installed and working and was pretty simple on a Storm 9530....that's the Pro...

The CON is that the friggin program doesn't seem to have any zoom ability.

Holy useless.

What good is a map with 1 view? It's not.

I guess I'll just stick with using a Tom Tom.

:-(
    03-12-10 11:34 AM
    The CON is that the friggin program doesn't seem to have any zoom ability.

:-(
    I've just gotten Trekbuddy v.0.9.96 working with my curve 8310. There seem to be several different methods for creating maps/atlases. From my limited experience, Trekbuddy Atlas Creator v1.7 seems to be the easiest by far

As far as "zoom" functionality, you need to creat your map/atlas with whatever detail layers you want to have. For example, while you cannot "zoom", per-se within a given map, you can switch to a different "layer" at any time, effectively giving you zooming functionality.

For example, I want to make a Jerusalem region map. In Trekbuddy Atlas Creator, I highlight the area i want to map, select the (zoom) layers it want to have (ie: 12-17) and then create map/atlas. When i'm using the map on my BB, i can change "layers" (ie. zoom) at anypoint by hitting #7 or 9 and then choosing the layer i want.

I am actually quite impressed with this little program. I have so far created Hybrid and map atlases with 12-17 layers and it works great. My only two complaints so far are:
    1. Constant gps us (ie. trackin) drains battery considerably. When I had a data plan, google maps seemed to go to sleep whenever holstered and save a lot of power...i haven't figured out if Trekbuddy does that or not.

2. No search functionality

Hope this helps!
    04-22-10 04:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD