i was wonderingg.. if i travel to canada from the u.s, and if i plan to use my sprint 8330m up there would i be charged extra for roaming and calling? and if so does sprint have an add on which i can add on to use my phone up there?
    just curiouss..
    06-21-09 01:13 PM
    You would have to see if you can even get coverage up there.. as its a CDMA device it depends on where you are going.. Rogers is the biggest can carrier but they are GSM.. Telus and bell are CDMA carriers that have roaming agreements more then likely with sprint.. But you should contact Sprint to speak about Roaming and Canadian Coverage. When I got to toronto I use an 8830 or my storm in GSM mode..
    06-21-09 01:20 PM
    Oh okay.. Also I was wondering say I get the tour when it comes out and I travel to canada and buy a sim card from rogers I would get a candian number, but if I text a u.s number wouldn't I be charged still and the receiver and to reply wouldn't they also be charged? And does rogers sell sim cards with data on them?
    06-21-09 02:56 PM
    And does rogers sell sim cards with data on them?
    Rogers does sell SIM cards for $30. With that price you get activation and you need to buy credit in order to activate it.
    I am not exactly sure if they do sell data packages as Pay As You Go, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. You can add 500mb for $25.
    06-21-09 03:01 PM
    oh i see does anybody know if they do sell data as pay as you go? because if i go to canada it'll only be for a week or 2 for vacation and just need it for that short time and by the time i do go to canada ill have my tour :] and ill just use data instead of calling or something..
    06-21-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD