Hey All,

So I am traveling to Hungary next week and needed some information. I have a BB Storm and have it unlocked. What I would like to do is use data from a local carrier in Hungary.

I am currently on the Telus mobility network in Canada and was hoping to use TMobile while in Hungary.

So I found this data plan from Tmobile in Hungary:
    Net 3 GB, Mobilinternet Csomag 3 GB

So here is my question, if I buy a sim card in Hungary from TMobile and wish to setup a plan which includes data do I just pop the TMobile simcard in and switch the service from 1XEV to GSM on the handset?

Will this bring the data from the local carrier in Hungary or would this still be drawing data from Telus's network?

I am not quite sure how this works which is why I'm asking. If it doesn't work I am curious why? and how I might be able to get it to work?

Thanks in advance, please let me know if you need any more clarification.
    Last edited by StevenG; 06-22-09 at 05:25 PM.
    06-22-09 05:19 PM
    I travel to europe and I have never seen a prepaid sim with data for Blackberry.
    06-22-09 06:02 PM
    I am pretty sure you would have to carrier release the pin from telus before you can use bis in hungary, and so long as you keep 1xev off you definately won't be roaming off telus since there are rarely any cdma carriers in europe let alone hungary ..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 06:12 PM
    Prepaid or not doesn't really matter I just won't go on the contract will be there for over a month and may possibly be heading back for awhile in September.

I will have to look into this releasing the pin from Telus will most likely call them tomorrow to get info on this. Thank you both for your feedback
    06-22-09 06:52 PM
    Great question and have a good trip. From my recollection of travel in Europe, when I add a SIM card, it draws from the local network. I could be wrong but believe that that is correct.
    09-11-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD