I am currently using the iphone and I am pretty tired of it. I really want to switch carriers and get the upcoming Tour 2 for Verizon. And because I don't get 3G where I am at and Verizon does. But, I am worried about how the transition will be from having used an iPhone for so long. How soon (if ever) will I adapt to the QWERTY board and how soon will I get use to the OS?
    02-17-10 04:05 PM
    I think you'll like the keyboard a lot more than the iPhone's screen, but you may miss the flashy woes of the iPhone OS.
    02-17-10 04:30 PM
    Didn't take me long at all. I went from an iPhone to a curve 8310 and it was very easy to get used too. The OS was easy enough to get used to as it just works, but as mentioned above not quite as flashy as the iphone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 04:41 PM
    You'll find the BB OS to be very outdated but very easy to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 11:30 PM
    Maybe newer isn't always better.
    02-18-10 04:44 AM
    Well, in the case of the BB OS, it is easy to use becuase it was engineered during a time when smartphones had fewer features, and RIM has kept the updates evolutionary.

A large number of BB users (arguably the core group) are corporate people who don't want to take the time to learn a flashy new OS. They just want their email and contacts to work out of the box with no training when they receive a device upgrade.

In this sense, the simplicity of the BB OS is a strength. However, at the same time, the UI is outdated and primitive in terms of the multimedia funcitionality that is now common to smartphones.

Whether its a good or bad thing depends on the needs of the individul user.
    02-18-10 08:40 AM
    Very well said.

Personally, I value evolution rather than revolution and I don't need my technology to be flashy. I like basic stuff that works, is simple, and doesn't go out of fashion. That was one of the aspects of RIM that attracted me.
    02-18-10 09:21 AM
    I look at it this way do you want a work horse that will do the job just not as fancy or do you want the iphone with all the bells and whistles just no 3G.
    02-18-10 09:26 AM
    The iPhone is 3G-enabled, hence the name iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS

I look at it this way do you want a work horse that will do the job just not as fancy or do you want the iphone with all the bells and whistles just no 3G.
    02-18-10 09:40 AM
    And because I don't get 3G where I am at and Verizon does.
    I understand that the iPhone is 3G capable if you would of read his post then you would understand why I put no 3G in my comment.
    02-18-10 10:00 AM
    I think I am pass all the flash of the iPhone OS. I mean the only thing I use it for currently is web surfing, iPod (which I have already), calls and text. I am at the point in my life now where I need a phone that is more functional, especially to run medical programs and the use for productivity.
    02-18-10 01:35 PM
    I've had my Curve 2 8530 for a few weeks now. I used to be able to use the trackpad to open a link online but now it doesn't work. I have to go to the menu and click on Open Link. The trackpad works for all other things. Is there a way to set the trackpad to be able to open a link online? Thanks.
    02-18-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD