I have a 8330 that I no longer use. I have a lot of important text files on Memopad that I'd like to transfer to my computer. I tried using Bluetooth, but it did not give me the option to transfer the text files. My phone no longer has an internet connection, so I can't email myself the text. Does anyone know how I can transfer the files through Bluetooth? Thanks so much.
    05-16-12 06:06 PM
    I don't know about bluetooth, but this might help:
    BlackBerry Backup Extractor for Windows and Mac - Open and Convert IPD and BBB backups Easily
    It says it can extract all kinds of stuff from .bbb files. If you have DM handy, do a full backup, then try this on the latest backup file.
    05-16-12 06:12 PM
    Does an old non activated BB not read DM? If it does couldn't you transfer them to your PC Via E or D, drive? Just a thought.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    05-16-12 06:30 PM
    Agree with bdguru. You could just plug the old BB into any usb port on your pc and after a few seconds your phone should give you the option of Charging or USB Drive. Click on the USB drive and you should open up your internal drive and smart card if you have one. Then make a folder on your PC, explore your two open files/drives, and drag the memo pad files to your pc from your phone.
    Now, that said, I have a 9810 and only used a 9800 prior to that so I'm not familar with the 8330, but once you hook up to a usb or via DM it will be there somewhere on your phone. I also did some research and came up with this if the other won't work. I found that you can sync them to your PC and Outlook via Desktop Manager, or to a CSV text file if you want. Check out Desktop Manager > Sync > Configuration and look for the prompts to advanced > select your Memo Pad on the BB and the target of the sync.

Good luck.
    05-16-12 06:50 PM
    I no longer have an account for my blackberry but I still needed the memos from it. I backed it up (the memos only, you can select what files you want to back up) on my PC with the Blackberry Desktop Software that I already had installed.
    After backing up, I found the .ipd file in the folder that I do my backups.
    I right-clicked it to open it, and my PC said that it didn't know what software to open it with.
    I chose Word from the list.
    I then got the memos all sandwiched together on a few pages in word.
    But, each memo had double-spaces in between, so I used the Replace function in Word and replaced each double-space with ^p, which is the hard return symbol.
    Voila, almost all my notes were unsandwiched and neatly spaced out.
    Might work for your needs...
    If your phone is deactivated and you can't email yourself the files, and you don't want to install new software, and you can't do the Outlook or Yahoo sync option.
    07-20-12 03:49 PM
    how do I repair my usb port without losing all my important document in my blackberry 9800.
    11-27-12 06:23 AM
    use Blackberry protect to backup all the important stuff..

For memos - you can use Windows live software on desktop and sync the memos.. They all are imported on the desktop.. You can open individual memos as text files.. You will need USB and desktop software and windows live.. but no need for internet on the phone.

dated thread! ---------- anyways.,, for anyone who has the same prob..
    11-27-12 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD