Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer old text messages from the Storm to your computer or to another BB? I canceled my service with verizon and forgot to email myself some texts I need for a court case. Other than keeping the phone forever, is there a way to get these texts off the phone? Please help!!!:
    05-20-09 08:36 AM
    This may work for transferring to a new blackberry:

Use the desktop manager to create a backup. Then plug in your new device and go into Advanced backup. Open the original backup file and find the SMS entry. Then click the arrow in the center to transfer over to the new device.

Can't think of a way to get them into any other format.
    05-20-09 10:11 AM
    Can you print the SMS from the desktop manager backup?
    05-20-09 10:18 AM
    Do the Backup and restore as suggested and then use
    https://www.dexrex.com/download/blackberry to archive them
    05-20-09 11:04 AM
    Amazinglygraceless: I have another bb I can backup and restore to, but it is not connected to a phone service right now, which I why I wanted to print from my archive on my computer, if possible. Or is my only choice to sign up for service again, email myself the texts, and then cancel the service?
    05-20-09 11:12 AM
    NeedbbHelp1974: As for getting old messages off of a phone, I am not sure of a way to do that. Dexrex will only begin to archive the messages that are received after the download. I'm not sure about how to get them from your old phone, sorry! But I'd suggest getting Dexrex in the future, at least for safety purposes. Good luck!
    06-10-09 10:48 AM
    I use ABC Amber Blackberry Converter. It works great! You can export messages to a number of formats including PDF, Excel and a database.

processtext.com/abcblackberry.html
    06-10-09 11:34 AM
    This may work for transferring to a new blackberry:

Use the desktop manager to create a backup. Then plug in your new device and go into Advanced backup. Open the original backup file and find the SMS entry. Then click the arrow in the center to transfer over to the new device.

Can't think of a way to get them into any other format.
    i dont think it saves the messages like they are on the old phone though. i have tried doing that with several 9700's and the problem i have is all my messages that i sent are in one message and the recipients are in another message
    05-01-12 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD