can i trasfer music from my pc to my bb using a regular usb or do i have to get one specialy made for bb
    06-23-10 09:31 PM
    can i trasfer music from my pc to my bb using a regular usb or do i have to get one specialy made for bb
    Technically you can use any cable with the correct adapter (MiniUSB, MicroUSB, etc) but there should have been a cable that was supplied; did you buy your device from someone without a data cable?
    06-23-10 09:39 PM
    You need a BlackBerry data transfer cable. Generic USB cables will only charge, but might not transfer data. You can buy the BlackBerry data transfer cable from your mobile provider's store, from the CrackBerry store, or from amazon.com.
    06-23-10 09:41 PM
    You need a BlackBerry data transfer cable. Generic USB cables will only charge, but might not transfer data. You can buy the BlackBerry data transfer cable from your mobile provider's store, from the CrackBerry store, or from amazon.com.
    Don't mean to hijack the thread or step on your toes, lak; honest question - is that new? I gave my wife my 8130's data cable and used her Creative Zen player's tiny cable. She wanted the longer one that came with my Pearl. :P
    06-23-10 09:59 PM
    Don't mean to hijack the thread or step on your toes, lak; honest question - is that new? I gave my wife my 8130's data cable and used her Creative Zen player's tiny cable. She wanted the longer one that came with my Pearl. :P
    Generic USB cables might or might not transfer data. It is going to be hit or miss. If you search the forums, there have been issues with some non-OEM cables not transferring data to a BlackBerry.
    06-23-10 10:01 PM
    Generic USB cables might or might not transfer data. It is going to be hit or miss. If you search the forums, there have been issues with some non-OEM cables not transferring data to a BlackBerry.
    I've glanced at a few; I didn't consider it to be the norm though, because when I was doing that I had no idea Crackberry existed.
    This reminds me that I'm forgetting an alternative. If it's just music and whatnot just being out on the the MicroSD card and not the device, then a data cable isn't required. To the OP: if your computer has a SD card reader, all you need is an MicroSD to SD card adapter. Then you can eject the MicroSD card (if present) from your device and put it in the adapter, then into the card reader on your computer.
    I realize not everyone has these, my desktop doesn't. But my wife's laptop and my netbook do, so that's how I transfer data now, unless I'm working with the OS on my device.
    06-23-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD