Hello!
    I am trying to transfer all of my text messages from one phone (Q10) to a new phone (Priv). I'm having trouble finding any information on how to do this. I know that there's the new Blackberry Content Transfer App- but it only transfers up to 3500. There are a few other apps (SMS Backup App, Message X, Exporter) that help to back up your messages, but I am not sure if they also able to restore them onto the new phone. If anyone knows of anyway that this can be done and could please assist, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    04-29-16 10:09 AM
    Hello!
    I am trying to transfer all of my text messages from one phone (Q10) to a new phone (Priv). I'm having trouble finding any information on how to do this. I know that there's the new Blackberry Content Transfer App- but it only transfers up to 3500. There are a few other apps (SMS Backup App, Message X, Exporter) that help to back up your messages, but I am not sure if they also able to restore them onto the new phone. If anyone knows of anyway that this can be done and could please assist, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Maybe try the Device Switch app (for BB10 in BBW and for android get the app in Google Play store), and after the two devices are paired, select only text messages to transfer. Not sure if it will work but you could try it. Personally, I would never hoard texts like that but each to his/her own. Maybe that is the app that you have tried, not sure.
    syclone1978 likes this.
    04-29-16 10:21 AM
    Why would you ever need to keep 10k text messages?
    TgeekB and brookie229 like this.
    04-30-16 01:32 AM
    It could be a very LONG argument with someone...

вℓαквєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση
    04-30-16 01:41 AM
    Ya, 10k of msgs is absurd. I bet a room in your house is filled with old news papers as well lol, hit delete man!!! Techno hoarder
    04-30-16 02:03 AM
    On your bb10 device, use sms backup to backup messages to sd card. Then use sms backup and restore from Android play store on your priv to restore text and mms messages.
    Once it's done, give it some time to sync with the the priv and contacts to show who the message was sent to or received from.
    Works great, I had no issues. Although I couldn't work out how to move whatsapp messages.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-30-16 04:27 AM
    That's what I was wondering too.
    04-30-16 07:07 AM
    That's an insane amount of text messages! Anyway, I'm glad that the OP has found a solution as suggested by quikchip.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    04-30-16 09:26 AM
    Device switch my friend. Download it in BB World and Google Play

Posted via CB10
    syclone1978 likes this.
    04-30-16 01:09 PM
    On your bb10 device, use sms backup to backup messages to sd card. Then use sms backup and restore from Android play store on your priv to restore text and mms messages.
    Once it's done, give it some time to sync with the the priv and contacts to show who the message was sent to or received from.
    Works great, I had no issues. Although I couldn't work out how to move whatsapp messages.
    Which ones are the exact apps I should use? There are a bunch of SMS backup on BB World and on PlayStore. Which ones are compatible with each other?

Thanks!
    07-22-16 08:20 PM
    It's probably a sentimental thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 08:51 PM
    If you're in a legal battle or otherwise have something to prove, you better back'em up... :-)

I don't question the OPs motives, there's always a legit reason why...

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    07-22-16 08:51 PM
    I believe you can email. That text connvo as well

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 10:44 AM
    Put a new SIM in your Priv and forward them one-by-one to your new number.
    07-23-16 10:53 AM
    come on guys, I'm looking for help
    07-23-16 11:26 AM
    Ultimate Backup for BB10....?

Would its format somehow transfer to Android?
    Someone mail the dev... :-D

07-24-16 04:33 PM
    The app "SMS Backup and Restore" on Android had no problems restoring my backup from SMS Backup on BB10 and I had many more messages than you do.
    julsruls likes this.
    07-24-16 08:01 PM
    The app "SMS Backup and Restore" on Android had no problems restoring my backup from SMS Backup on BB10 and I had many more messages than you do.
    Thanks... :-D

julsruls likes this.
    07-24-16 09:53 PM
    Device switch my friend. Download it in BB World and Google Play

Posted via CB10
    What He Said ^ it worked great for me and so did content transfer. It transferred everything over I mean everything except my passwords saved in my password app
    julsruls likes this.
    07-24-16 10:12 PM