I have a "Work" BB 8330 and picked up a personal BB 8530.
    The work phone uses Lotus Notes
    Personal phone uses Outlook.
    All I want to transfer is my address book.
    I can not get the two phones to sync using blue tooth...
    When it ask of passkey I input the password I set..Unable to pair.
    When I try to sync with desktop mgr. it never grabs the address book.
    Last edited by jam116; 03-06-10 at 09:44 AM.
    03-06-10 09:25 AM
    Bluetooth passkey is usually 0000 for the devices. Also bluetooth transfer may be disabled by IT policy. If you want to just backup the contacts then sync, you can do it via desktop manager > backup/restore > advanced.

Go on your work device to options > advanced options > service books > delete DESKTOP (SYNC).
    plug your device into your computer
    open DM and go to Advanced backup/restore
    Backup the required fields
    plug in your personal device
    restore fields to it
    go to your work device to options > advanced options > service books > menu > undelete
    03-06-10 09:31 AM
    Thanks..That work with the exception...They connect but then the 8330 states connection failed.. When I look in my bluetooth devices the 8530 shows up in the menu of the 8330. The 8530 does not give me the connection failed message...only 8330
    The blue light will flash on each phone once and the the 8330 will display the connection failed message.
    Last edited by jam116; 03-06-10 at 09:45 AM.
    03-06-10 09:38 AM
    Bluetooth passkey is usually 0000 for the devices. Also bluetooth transfer may be disabled by IT policy. If you want to just backup the contacts then sync, you can do it via desktop manager > backup/restore > advanced.

Go on your work device to options > advanced options > service books > delete DESKTOP (SYNC).
    plug your device into your computer
    open DM and go to Advanced backup/restore
    Backup the required fields
    plug in your personal device
    restore fields to it
    go to your work device to options > advanced options > service books > menu > undelete
    Hate to admit I did not read your entire message.....
    You know I'm the old kid who put's things together without reviewing the directions...
    Now that I slowed down and read your "ENTIRE MESSAGE" I have this problem beat!..

Thank you very much for the help and reminding me to slow down and read!
    03-06-10 11:28 AM
    you can try a program called : UPVISE.
    in stall it on both phones. Then do 'export to contacts to upvise' on one phone, then the other.

Then do 'export to blackberry contacts'.

that should do the trick.
    03-06-10 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD