My BB 8330 has a bad USB port, they sent me a new phone and I paired the two phones. When I go to Bluetooth, there is no option to "Transfer Address Book" to the new phone (or my computer for that matter).
    When I click on my Jabra in car Bluetooth it does give me the option, what good is that? Also I can transfer to my HP printer, but it will only print the address book to the photo paper tray, not to the plain paper tray!
    Is technology working for us or against us?
    (No the phone hasn't previously been synched to the computer)
    Any other ideas anyone?
    07-13-10 12:18 AM
    Download Google Sync to your old BB. It will send your contacts and calendar to the Google cloud. Then you can either export your contacts as a csv file from gmail and import that file into desktop manager, or download Google Sync on your new phone (easiest) and have your contacts sync over automatically.

Edit: you can find the OTA download for Google Sync here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    Last edited by xliderider; 07-13-10 at 01:57 AM.
    07-13-10 01:37 AM
    I believe to transfer your contacts from phone to phone using BT, you have to be viewing the individual contact and transfer them one by one.
    07-13-10 01:51 AM
    RIM doesn't give BlackBerry devices the ability to exchange Address Books via Bluetooth. See this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/iss...fer-bb-458110/
    07-13-10 05:41 AM
    Google sync is the way to go. Its free and your contacts will be there in case your phone
    is lost or broken. I've read here on CB that some people have purchased a bluetooth
    adapter for their PC to transfer their files, but in your case, it doesn't seem necessary.

Do make a full backup of your phone in the future.... Good luck.
    07-13-10 05:42 AM
    Thanks xliderider Google sync worked great.
    07-13-10 12:33 PM
    Yep, Google Sync is easy and is a lifesaver sometimes.

I suggest getting a charging dock for your BB to save your USB port for the important syncing, and data transfers.
    07-13-10 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD