Ok so I'm helping train a newbee at work who owns the dorid and needs some serious help with the BB.
    So I'm coming here and asking you all for a bit of help.

My brain is on training overload so what ever you guys suggest here I'm going to make him show me how to do on a BB.
    Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

When you go to a store or you stop here on the threads when you first got a BB or even after having it a while, what do you think are some of your most common questions you need help with?
    09-02-10 12:04 PM
    using the BlackBerry button. closing apps in the background with Exit and not the END key. using task manager by holding the blackberry button. double spacing for periods. making folders on the homescreen to organize. setting convenience keys for preferences. cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

give us specific questions your trainee has and we can probably help more.
    09-02-10 12:15 PM
    lol ah you see there lies the problem, he doesn't have questions. If someone comes in with a BB issue he automatically says she can help you, she's the expert.
    So I'm just trying to get ideas to take to him. I could read the threads and get tons of them I'm sure I just thought I'd try to make it a little easier on myself.
    Like I said I'm on overload right now and having a major brain fart so I thought I'd try this.
    09-02-10 12:19 PM
    I am gong to have him read this
    BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

But again, anything people can say hey, I asked this, or I see this asked a lot would help. I'm just trying to do hands on type training. So I can say, show me how to do this...
    09-02-10 12:25 PM
    I am gong to have him read this
    BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

But again, anything people can say hey, I asked this, or I see this asked a lot would help. I'm just trying to do hands on type training. So I can say, show me how to do this...
    this is false in the tutorial "or to ever turn the device off (I had my BlackBerry 8700 running for seven months onetime without turning it off - I finally had to shut it off one day when I boarded a plane and the flight attendant caught me playing on it and forced me to power down). "

Battery Pull daily.
    09-02-10 12:50 PM
    Battery Pull daily.
    Definitely not necessary to do a battery pull daily.

If someone is running into the hourglass more than usual (a common problem) or a small one time glitch can be solved with a battery pull. That is always my first step in attempting to correct an error I run in to. If that doesn't solve it, time to hit the forums for answers.
    09-02-10 01:10 PM
    Bless You, Renee for your efforts, wish everyone did this with store employees!
    If I went into one more store and heard "I dunno" I was going to do something drastic,lol! Luckily for the lazy local coroner, I found this site...problems solved, and it was fun too!
    09-02-10 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD