Was wondering if there are any GPS software for the outdoorsman trail hiking type? Kinda like the garmin trek series. Something that can pinpoint longitude latitude, compass bearings, and elevation. Obviously can't use streets cuz there's no streets in the woods.

Also would the 8900 GPS be strong enough to receive GPS signals in the wild?
    03-01-09 03:09 PM
    See the thread down a bit: Application that shows lat/long. It actually has evolved into a geocaching program but shows the data you want.

Also the free gps logging program shows some of that data and will log your route.

gps-ed can do some, also.
    03-01-09 04:44 PM
    awesome thanks!
    03-02-09 12:49 AM
    cool! very nice.
    03-02-09 01:31 PM
    I just spoke with customer service at Trimble Outdoors. They plan to offer something for the 8900 towards the end of next month.
    03-03-09 01:30 PM
    whats the name of the program that offers geocaching ive been looking for one of those
    03-05-09 01:14 PM
    BlackStar is the name of the app F2 is talking about.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/app...ut-maps-20979/
    03-05-09 01:49 PM
    whats the name of the program that offers geocaching ive been looking for one of those

I haven't tried it and quite frankly I still don't understand what geocaching is, but the link to geocaching software is below.

www dot geocachenavigator dot com

I would post as a link, but at this moment, I only have 2 posts and I am not allowed to post links with only 2 posts.
    03-06-09 11:45 AM
    Geocaching is a game/skill/sport where someone hides a box or trinket or some such and posts its lat/long coordinates and people search for the item(s) and maybe add something additional to the (geo)CACHE.
    03-06-09 03:00 PM
    Geocaching is a game/skill/sport where someone hides a box or trinket or some such and posts its lat/long coordinates and people search for the item(s) and maybe add something additional to the (geo)CACHE.
    Can u get gps and mapping on the 8520 I'm hearing that u can but some of the talk
    On the software o don't realy know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD