BlackBerry should announce that customers can trade in their PB for a $X ($100?) credit for the Aristo (or any other BB10 device)

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 04:01 PM
    Hahahahahhha

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-29-13 04:02 PM
    Hahaha haha *****

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-29-13 04:04 PM
    Hahahahahaha

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-29-13 04:05 PM
    Worst idea ever, just stop. Close down your account too.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 04:06 PM
    Worst idea ever, just stop. Close down your account too.

Posted via CB10
    Great idea Jason. I will close it straight away. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 04:07 PM
    Ain't gonna happen... but along those lines BB should offer those who own a PB a HUGE discount on a Z10.

I'm sure there are a lot of unsold Z10's kicking around... and they don't need to take back the PB as they just got rid of all their unsold inventory not too long ago.

Or people could just wait and the Z10 will be sold be massively discounted on it's own.
    06-29-13 04:11 PM
    Whoa take it easy there, Evans..
    habs_fan likes this.
    06-29-13 04:30 PM
    It's no wonder people go back to Android or Apple...at least there's something to look forward to. And support. Bigtime.

I am Canadian, and support my own economy when I can, but this ???? Wow !!! Titanic ( Blackberry company )....here we come....
    I am quite disappointed with the current management and in particular Heins. I mean, he delays and abandons stuff at his own will as if the whole world is just waiting for Blackberry to catchup. First, it was BB10, then various launches in the states, then delays in updates and now no BB10 on Playbook. This guy is just not very clear what he is doing? When you are operating at that level, you just can't keep delaying stuff and keep breaking promises. May be the board should take a hard look at changing this guy. I own two playbooks, actually this is the only Blackberry product I ever owned and the reason I started liking Blackberry. There are many people for whom Playbook is the only Blackberry product they ever owned since it was such a good value in the tablet space. For these people, switching to Z10 is very easy and tempting since BB10 is quite similar to Playbook OS. I was thinking of switching to Z10 once my contract expired in a few months but I think I am going to try Windows 8 instead. Yesterday, I lost faith in Blackberry, both as an investor and a user.
    victorshikhman likes this.
    06-29-13 05:00 PM
    Guys I don't want this to degenerate into a BlackBerry bashing thread. I am a software developer and I know how hard it can be to develop. I appreciate Thor saying that he won't put out a sub-standard product. Thats what the last 2 clowns did. I have 2 PB myself so I too am disappointed. Still I am all for team BlackBerry because I also own most of the other phones too (Android, iOS, WinPhone, etc) and I know how good we have it on team BB.

So for those of you who haven't smashed your PB yet, what would make you happy? Credit for Aristo, Z10, BlackBerry multimedia gateway (have one of those too- awesome)? Maybe lunch with Thor? :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 05:10 PM
    Give me the original blackberry desktop stand with the usb and hdmi interface and a bluetooth game controller, that would make me a happy bb owner.
    araskin likes this.
    06-29-13 05:20 PM
    Android here I come....where the developers are near and open source is at close grasp. Too bad Blackberry doesn't learn from Android or Apple......do they make a special school somewhere for that, that we can send Thorsten to ????
    Apple sent some of their top brass to train at Ritz Carlton. Blackberry seriously lacks in customer service.
    06-29-13 05:35 PM
    Blackberry will have to do something like the Op suggests. How are they going to sell the Aristo when they can't sell the Z10?
    h20work likes this.
    06-29-13 05:45 PM
    To the OP, no not even plausible. I'm not trying to be a Blackberry apologist (I was quite upset with the decision on the Playbook and BB10), but to offer x $100 for a trade in seems highly unlikely or reasonable for a 2 year old device. Not against the idea, just don't see it happening.

What Blackberry needs to do is FIRE EACH AND EVERY PERSON IN THE MARKETING TEAM, and hire some designers. (Note, I like the understated look of Blackberry devices but keep reading).The keep move campaign is among the most redundant and boring adverts I have seen. Sure, I was super excited when it came out initially but the effect wore off quickly. The key to Apple's success is eye candy (look of devices) and a ridiculous amount of marketing. Until Blackberry can improve their efforts in this aspect, no matter how good the device is they will have trouble moving product. It's just the way society works now (always did?), pretty sells.
    06-29-13 06:13 PM
    BlackBerry should announce that customers can trade in their PB for a $X ($100?) credit for the Aristo (or any other BB10 device)

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    I think it's a good idea, but you know what, as usual, they would say:" we have a plan to trade your playbook, and it would be launched later this year".

And, you know, finally you'll find that you're fooled.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 06:48 PM
    To the OP, no not even plausible. I'm not trying to be a Blackberry apologist (I was quite upset with the decision on the Playbook and BB10), but to offer x $100 for a trade in seems highly unlikely or reasonable for a 2 year old device. Not against the idea, just don't see it happening.

What Blackberry needs to do is FIRE EACH AND EVERY PERSON IN THE MARKETING TEAM, and hire some designers. (Note, I like the understated look of Blackberry devices but keep reading).The keep move campaign is among the most redundant and boring adverts I have seen. Sure, I was super excited when it came out initially but the effect wore off quickly. The key to Apple's success is eye candy (look of devices) and a ridiculous amount of marketing. Until Blackberry can improve their efforts in this aspect, no matter how good the device is they will have trouble moving product. It's just the way society works now (always did?), pretty sells.
    I do agree that the next BlackBerry to come out has to be visually striking. It can't just be a larger slab touch screen Phone. Otherwise it will be met with the same indifference as the Z10. Basically if BlackBerry can't make some of the TAT concepts video real then they should just pack up and go home.

Posted via CB10
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    06-29-13 07:33 PM
    I'm not happy that the PB Is "dead" but I don't feel very sorry for people who bought the PB for what it was going to be or what it could be, and have chosen to lose their minds now. I bought the PB and 9930 for my wife to use at work, it has been an excellent combo, and it was worth every (discounted) cent.

I agree that BlackBerry has screwed the pooch in many ways to get to where it is now, and continues tapping that dog with no vaseline, but, except for a contacts issue, I haven't really had problems with my Z, and I will continue using it happily if BlackBerry drops dead tomorrow. Whatever, I'll just get another phone in two years, and I'll look for a new tablet once my PB peters out and my wife can't use it at work anymore.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    bp3dots and a1s2d3f4g5 like this.
    06-29-13 07:48 PM
    Give me the original blackberry desktop stand with the usb and hdmi interface and a bluetooth game controller, that would make me a happy bb owner.
    I love the oem multimedia dock. It's a shame they can't release it to the market all because they can't get the home screen to work in landscape. Happy I got mine though and it doesn't bother me that home screen is sideways.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    06-29-13 11:12 PM
    The first thing that would appease me as a pb owner is for the liar to lose his job.
    06-29-13 11:18 PM
    I suggest people to sell their playbooks, wash their hands from buying anything Blackberry, petition against the company, stop buying all their products. Period. They are a bunch of fools working there, lie to you, the consumer, don't give a hoot that they got your money now (after the fact of lying to us). It seems the company wants to fail....................................so help them out.

Sell everything you own that has a Blackberry logo on it. I am.

Done with the waiting, done with the hoping, done with accepting less than we deserve, done with the crap we put up with from this pathetic excuse for a company. Why on earth can't they get their act together and create some kind of new OS for the playbook?

Is a few hundred mb's of an update too hard to develop? They made the first three or four updates....why not another one ? Developers need more education or what ? SERIOUSLY.......

People...................Blackberry = Lost cause............and lost money every which way you look at it.

When the company goes under, guess who'll be stuck with crap they will no longer support ?

Biggest mistake of my life trusting the new CEO with a comeback. NEVER AGAIN.... NEVER.

Thorsten Heins = 100 % fool who shot himself in the foot, by giving away BBM to Android and Apple, BEFORE GIVING IT TO YOUR OWN PLAYBOOK. ( a cry for help by offering this feature, which was once exclusive, to other platforms, suggesting they are in dire straits ) Way to go there ding dong.......great business move. I'd love to shake your hand, lol.

In every which way you look at Blackberry ? now ?......................UNBELIEVABLE......SIMPLY UNBELIEVABLE.

I simply cannot understand how this guy walks out on stage and puts on the "solid ground" story, or acts like the business is doing great....IT ISN'T YOU LIAR !!! LOL.

FOR THE DIE HARD BLACKBERRY FAN ( Who will soon be left in complete darkness ) :

Selling everything I own Blackberry. Take your pick:

Two playbooks 16gb $100.00 each...on ebay right now.
    One blackberry Z10 $600.00....on ebay right now.

First and last time I buy from this company again. Next it will be oh, I'm sorry, we're bankrupt.....we can't offer you anymore service or support.

But they really like when we support them !!!.......and for what ? This to unfold ????

Good luck people....you'll now need it very soon. Don't say I didn't warn you...
    There's no better phone than the one I'm currently holding. No issues what's so ever. Just dumping BlackBerry because of BB10 not coming to PB is taking things too far. I'm for one could care less for BB10 being on PB and I also feel that BB10 for PB wouldn't work out. So do as you like but my BlackBerry Z10 is always with me.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:28 PM
    It's no wonder people go back to Android or Apple...at least there's something to look forward to. And support. Bigtime.

I am Canadian, and support my own economy when I can, but this ???? Wow !!! Titanic ( Blackberry company )....here we come....
    Yeah but explain why Apple Devs want to jump ship to the other competitors???

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...ville/2459333/

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:31 PM
    [QUOTE=Jerale Hoard;8734213]There's no better phone than the one I'm currently holding. No issues what's so ever. Just dumping BlackBerry because of BB10 not coming to PB is taking things too far.
    06-29-13 11:33 PM
    I do agree that the next BlackBerry to come out has to be visually striking. It can't just be a larger slab touch screen Phone. Otherwise it will be met with the same indifference as the Z10. Basically if BlackBerry can't make some of the TAT concepts video real then they should just pack up and go home.

Posted via CB10
    Now I can agree. I hope 10.2 has some TAT magic added to it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by elite1; 06-30-13 at 04:00 AM. Reason: removing profanity
    06-29-13 11:40 PM
    I suggest people to sell their playbooks, wash their hands from buying anything Blackberry, petition against the company, stop buying all their products. Period. They are a bunch of fools working there, lie to you, the consumer, don't give a hoot that they got your money now (after the fact of lying to us). It seems the company wants to fail....................................so help them out.

Sell everything you own that has a Blackberry logo on it. I am.

Done with the waiting, done with the hoping, done with accepting less than we deserve, done with the crap we put up with from this pathetic excuse for a company. Why on earth can't they get their act together and create some kind of new OS for the playbook?

Is a few hundred mb's of an update too hard to develop? They made the first three or four updates....why not another one ? Developers need more education or what ? SERIOUSLY.......

People...................Blackberry = Lost cause............and lost money every which way you look at it.

When the company goes under, guess who'll be stuck with crap they will no longer support ?

Biggest mistake of my life trusting the new CEO with a comeback. NEVER AGAIN.... NEVER.

Thorsten Heins = 100 % fool who shot himself in the foot, by giving away BBM to Android and Apple, BEFORE GIVING IT TO YOUR OWN PLAYBOOK. ( a cry for help by offering this feature, which was once exclusive, to other platforms, suggesting they are in dire straits ) Way to go there ding dong.......great business move. I'd love to shake your hand, lol.

In every which way you look at Blackberry ? now ?......................UNBELIEVABLE......SIMPLY UNBELIEVABLE.

I simply cannot understand how this guy walks out on stage and puts on the "solid ground" story, or acts like the business is doing great....IT ISN'T YOU LIAR !!! LOL.

FOR THE DIE HARD BLACKBERRY FAN ( Who will soon be left in complete darkness ) :

Selling everything I own Blackberry. Take your pick:

Two playbooks 16gb $100.00 each...on ebay right now.
    One blackberry Z10 $600.00....on ebay right now.

First and last time I buy from this company again. Next it will be oh, I'm sorry, we're bankrupt.....we can't offer you anymore service or support.

But they really like when we support them !!!.......and for what ? This to unfold ????

Good luck people....you'll now need it very soon. Don't say I didn't warn you...

Android here I come....where the developers are near and open source is at close grasp. Too bad Blackberry doesn't learn from Android or Apple......do they make a special school somewhere for that, that we can send Thorsten to ????
    OMG!!! Update us when you sell your devices on eBay. No...seriously.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-29-13 at 11:58 PM.
    06-29-13 11:46 PM
    As long as they keep bringing on better updates I'm a happy camper. And to tell you the truth BB10 on PB is just plain stupid. It's more fit for a phone. Don't get mad this is my opinion. Plus the BlackBerry 10 / QNX OS is the best mobile computing platform there is. Apple is already trying to catch up with this but they're too late now.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:46 PM
38 12