Just like the title says, I have the opportunity to trade my Key2 straight across for a Huawei Mate 10. I do like this phone but I always am looking at what's next. Anyone use a Mate 10 before? If so, what's your thoughts on it?
    02-21-19 07:48 PM
    Just like the title says, I have the opportunity to trade my Key2 straight across for a Huawei Mate 10. I do like this phone but I always am looking at what's next. Anyone use a Mate 10 before? If so, what's your thoughts on it?
    Your best bet would be to make your way over to CrackBerry's sister site Android Central for those answers.

Can't comment on the Mate 10 but I'm running the Huawei P20 & P20 Pro, really enjoying them especially their cameras... massive improvement over our Motion's shooter LOL.
    02-21-19 08:37 PM
    First of all there is zero similarity between those two devices, except for the fact that they both run Android.

Do you want the keyboard? Keep the KEY2

Do you want a shiny slab with an iOS copycat UI that will be forgotten as soon as the next one hits shelves? Trade your KEY2 for the Mate 10
    02-22-19 01:47 PM
    Mate 10 is a great phone, it doesn't have a keyboard.... if you bought the KEY2 I assume the keyboard meant something to you.

Mate 10 was release in 2017... so it's not really "what's next" - but then the KEY2 isn't really cutting edge either, so for the most part the Mate 10 would probable be a upgrade.

Again it would seem to come down to do you value the keyboard.
    bakron1 likes this.
    02-22-19 03:50 PM
    You can't really make a bad step with almost any phone at this price tag. There are little differences but in general it's the brand, UI design and a few specs which are important for you.
    02-23-19 05:48 AM
    Had one of these (Mate 10 Pro) for review between late 2017 and early 2018, and absolutely enjoyed it, the Battery Life was absolutely insane and the UI never slowed down, it also charges the battery up pretty quickly and the Camera is fantastic.

One of the main things you may like is how slim and compact it is despite the large display, ergonomically it is one of the best phones out.

I am currently using a Mate 20 Pro now, and it has taken everything the Mate 10 Pro had to another level.

If you don't mind losing the KEY2's keyboard then go for it. EMUI does take some getting used to, but Huawei much like Samsung have built in all sorts of mods you can do to the UI to make it your own including Themes, so lots to fiddle with.

First of all there is zero similarity between those two devices, except for the fact that they both run Android.

Do you want the keyboard? Keep the KEY2

Do you want a shiny slab with an iOS copycat UI that will be forgotten as soon as the next one hits shelves? Trade your KEY2 for the Mate 10
    Forgotten you say..... the Mate 10 Pro got its Android 9.0 Pie in December 2018.

KEY2 seems to still be stuck on Android 8.0 Oreo as of the time I posted this, no? Please do correct me if I am wrong.
    02-23-19 05:49 AM