I know its not a new thing, at least for a 9700. But are the wobble creaks and leaning trackpads common to all the trackpad models?

Mine has started wobbling abit(still within the 30days, so there maybe an exchange in my future from frys), but that's not my question.just wondering a) if its common to all trackpad models and b) how much is too much?

I mean its all plastic so its going to loosen with use, just how much is of concern I guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 08:57 PM
    I've had my berry for about 2 months now. No problems with mine as of yet.

04-04-10 10:24 PM
    I have an 8520 and mine moves a bit but I hear it's just a normal thing. However, if yours slides under the housing sometimes than you have a problem.

04-04-10 11:12 PM
    my 8530 trackpad is flawless.. you may have a defect. if you have insurance they may be able to do something for you.
    04-04-10 11:41 PM
    The trackpad should have a little movement but not too much. I wouldn't worry about it, its common. You should be able to tell if its serious or not. If it moves just a little bit then u are fine if it moves a lot you know there's a defect in your device

Last edited by markaveli420; 04-04-10 at 11:45 PM.
    04-04-10 11:43 PM
    Well its not like a joy stick but it does rock abit and sometimes it will click softly. I think I will hold off though because that is the only thing about the device that I am unhappy with. And yes I have insurance + warranty, so I ahould be ok if it gets bad

04-06-10 10:36 PM
    Yeah, there is going to be a small bit of wobble. I have used quite a few devices that have a trackpad and they all have a bit of give to them.

04-06-10 11:12 PM
    Mine 'wiggles' quite abit, but if yiu think of it like a return key on a keyboard, it is bound to and it is a button also.

I really don't thimk its a cause for concern.

04-07-10 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD