View Poll Results: Trackball or Trackpad?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trackball

58 22.92%
  • Trackpad

188 74.31%
  • Trackwheel (old school)

7 2.77%
01-27-11 07:54 AM
136 ... 456
tools
    Ok I really wanna believe the trackpad is an upgrade but I can't use it so please help me... I came from a 8900 Curve and got the Torch now, but if it weren't for the touch screen I wouldn't be able to browse at all... I've set sensibility on the trackpad to 100 but it still doesn't react to my fingers it does react if I use it thru some fabric (my sleeve) for instance I jsut don't get it... why does everybody like it so much, am I really the only one who's experiencing this problem? If I ever get another new BB it will have the trackpad I guess since the trackball is being replaced on all models and if it ain't got a touch screen I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to even use it................. Some input would be much appreciated, thanks!
    I've heard of others having to use fabric to make it respond. This is probably a sign of it being faulty imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 04:40 AM
    Love the Trackpad! I never had any problems with the two previous Trackball BBerry devices I had. However, I love how the trackpad moves with such ease. It took a little getting used to at first, but I found that the classic Snake game was great for honing my trackpad skills.
    01-20-11 11:17 AM
    I understand the theoretical advantages of optical technology (although not having any moving does not make it bulletproof, as I found out after having to replace the trackpad in my laptop). I'm more interested in hearing real life experiences with the blackberry trackpad vs. the blackberry trackball. I have a hard time imagining how such a small optical trackpad could be operated comfortably. One would think that it would have to be extremely sensitive due to its tiny dimensions.
    I have never experienced any problems with a laptop trackpad. Nothing is bulletproof, but the BB trackpad is virtually maintenance free IMO. You can adjust the sensitivity on the trackpad.
    01-20-11 01:23 PM
    IMO the ball had better fine control but the pad was better for dusty or dirty environments where gunk could get in and jam the ball.

The wheel was ok but was only bi directional, not usable in different directions.
    01-20-11 01:54 PM
    IMO the ball had better fine control but the pad was better for dusty or dirty environments where gunk could get in and jam the ball.

The wheel was ok but was only bi directional, not usable in different directions.
    If I remember right there was a button that you could hold that would cause the track wheel to scroll left and right. I think it was the alt key but I don't remember for sure.

Kinda defeated the one handed use but was handy for working with a spreadsheet.

01-20-11 03:37 PM
    Trackball feels more natural and I love the tactile feedback. So I will go with the ancient trackball.

01-20-11 03:59 PM
    Trackpad hands down. Had 3 BB's with the trackball and have had problems with all of them, which lead me to the Bold. And with the trackpad I love it, it looks good, feels good and works well. It took me a few days to really get adjusted to the sensitivity but now I have no problems, Sure I pass where I wanted to go at times but I did that with the trackball as well. I just don't know why anyone would pick the ball, but thats just me.
    01-20-11 05:31 PM
    This isn't even close.. TRACKPAD!!!

01-20-11 06:04 PM
    Another vote for trackpad. Just went from an 8830 to 9330. I was cleaning the trackball at least once a month or more. It worked great right after cleaning it, but it wasn't long before it started hanging up again..
    01-20-11 07:13 PM
    1 Trackpad
    2 Touchscreen
    3 Trackball
    Pad is easier to use and more accurate. Add that with a touchscreen and you have the best of both worlds. Trackball was ok but didn't like the feel and the noise.

01-20-11 09:55 PM
    hey guys I got a new Torch as my trackpad was indeed faulty and now it works fine!!! I'm so happy
    01-27-11 07:54 AM
136 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD