View Poll Results: Trackball or Trackpad?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trackball

58 22.92%
  • Trackpad

188 74.31%
  • Trackwheel (old school)

7 2.77%
01-27-11 08:54 AM
136 12345 ...
tools
    trackball.. am used to it
    12-12-09 12:01 AM
    It's like passing from trackwheel(oh vintage BB) to trackball...
    12-12-09 12:05 AM
    Thought I did this already, but here it is... added a poll!
    12-12-09 04:26 AM
    Maybe because it is one of the worst things in the world, perhaps behind paper cuts and episodes of Darma and Greg.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ROFL!!!!

2nd this
    12-12-09 09:24 AM
    Trackpad just for the fact it is more durable, trackballs always get dirt stuck behind it and they are a pain.
    12-12-09 09:44 AM
    i also felt that trackpad is better as it does not trap too much dirt as compared to trackball. That is why the bold version 2, 9700, is a newer model, hence RIM uses the trackpad, an improved version over the trackball which is found in bold 9000.
    12-12-09 10:03 AM
    There is something inherently sexy about the trackpad. Grantes my 9700 is my first bb but I have tried out a friends Curve but the ball just does not compare.

12-12-09 11:36 AM
    I have owned a number of blackberries - the first curve with a trackball, the Curve 8900, and the 8820 (I still use it for work). I hate the trackball. In the case of the ones that start as a white color (the ones that light up), they get gray and grimey over use and eventually they stop working. I have had my company replace my 8820 twice because of this. My friend who has the tour said the gray trackball doesn't get the dingy look but does get dust and dirt particles rolled into it and it quits working well. I got the 9700 right after it came out and I LOVE it...not just because the Bold is the best rated Blackberry to date and they made so many great improvements with the 9700 but the trackpad is awesome. I wouldn't take opinions too seriously of people who just played with it in a store for a few minutes. Like anything else, its new, its innovative, its different and for some it may take time to get used to, but it looks much more sleek and it works so much better. Get a 9700 and you won't be sorry!
    12-19-09 04:00 PM
    I prefer the trackpad because it never gets dirty and always runs smooth the trackball picks up dirt and makes it scroll crappy at times this wont happen with the trackpad
    12-19-09 04:26 PM
    Trackwheel still rocks.
    12-19-09 05:55 PM
    If you have a good trackball... Its pretty solid and accurate.

I'm sure the trackpad as a whole is a better solution.

I will probably get used to the visual, but unlike TheDeej, I think the pad looks cheap/plasticy. Maybe its the chrome border? Dunno.

12-19-09 09:47 PM
    Trackpad without comparison is the BEST
    12-20-09 12:30 AM
    I'm all for the CrackBall aka TrackBall! I've tried the CrackPad but prefer the CrackBall, its just so fun to play with it when your bored or waiting for something to download or etc.....!
    12-20-09 12:39 AM
    i do prefer the trackball of my curve but I think the trackpad is more accurate and would be less troublesome.
    12-20-09 01:30 AM
    I find the trackpad almost effortless to use. It took me a day or so to get used to the precision, as I keep the sensitivity set to 80/80, but you can adjust that down if you want. It's much easier to get that one final tick of movement without over shooting. I had an 8300 for 2 and half years, and I MUCH prefer the trackpad.

12-20-09 01:48 AM
    I havent had any problems with my BB trackballs, but the trackpad would be my first choice.
    12-20-09 02:27 AM
    trackpad appears less prone to wear, and prettier to look at.
    12-20-09 03:38 AM
    I prefer the trackball although the trackpad seems to be more popular right now. Just do not use your blackberry while eating a greasy taco or something!! i mean, common sense. I just got the Tour w/ a trackball. No problems so far. I like it better because it feels firm and the trackpad is more like a touch screen phone. Not as hands on.
    12-31-09 03:27 AM
    how could you not prefer the trackpad?
    12-31-09 03:51 AM
    I got the 8520 because of the Trackpad. I'll be upgrading to the 9700 around Oct. or so. The trackpad is easy to use and reminds me of a laptop mouse.
    12-31-09 11:19 AM
    I recently upgraded to an 8530 from an 8330 and I like the trackpad a lot compared to the track ball as we all know the main problem with the track ball it gets stuck or fall out causing you not to be able to navigate the bb so far no problems with the trackpad I would make the switch if I were you.

01-30-10 04:34 AM
    I used to love the trackball and still think that it is great, however I like the black trackballs; not the white ones. Overall, my experience with the trackpad has been better in just about every way. There are only two things that I like better with the trackball over the trackpad: lighting of the trackball and being able to differentiate the trackball from the rest of the panel. Sometimes, I think that I am sliding across the trackpad and I'm really swiping the back button or menu key. But those are the only issues. So I vote for the trackpad.

01-30-10 05:20 AM
    I miss my track ball. I think the track ball worked better(when it did work) than the pad. It was a little more precise.

01-30-10 06:58 AM
    I currently have the trackball for my curve. Im going to make the upgrade soon to the bold because of the trackpad, because of my job. As a landscaper, I get a ton of dirt and other crap in my pockets where i keep my phone, and some of the dust makes it way behind the trackball, causing it to bind up and not move. huge pain in the ***. Thats my real life experience!
    02-11-10 08:29 AM
    I have always loved the Trackball, and that's what I voted for. I like the Trackpad too, it's nice since I like to do quick flicks of the ball/pad to get to what I want to go to, but the ball works great too.
    02-11-10 08:36 AM
136 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD