View Poll Results: Trackball or Trackpad?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trackball

58 22.92%
  • Trackpad

188 74.31%
  • Trackwheel (old school)

7 2.77%
    i use a trackball but would be upgrading to the 9700 soon,mainly for the trackpad.
    02-11-10 08:02 AM
    The trackpad. It's much more precise, there's no chance of rolling to another line while clicking, it happened to me so many times that I erased a lot of emails from my mailbox instead of deleting them from the handheld. Also, the trackball wasn't always responding correctly after only 6 months of use... definitely the trackpad, no problem so far and I love it.
    02-11-10 09:23 AM
    hahaha I'm still the only one to have given a vote for the trackwheel. In trackwheel we trust!
    02-11-10 09:49 AM
    The Trackpad has a better feel that the Trackball. The Trackball gets stuck a lot. And the Trackpad is a lot smoother...
    02-11-10 10:03 AM
    I really have no experience with the trackpad, having only tested them out in the store.

I am however on my 3rd BB (Pearl, Curve, and now Tour), and have really had few problems with the trackball. Yes, they do get dirty and sticky, but one soon learns how to pop them out and clean them with alcohol. Also, keeping a couple of spares is always a good idea.

What I would like to know, is weather it will be possible somewhere down the line, to pop out the ball from say a tour, and replace it with a pad?

Any ideas?
    02-11-10 10:13 AM
    Trackpad wins hands down.
    02-11-10 10:28 AM
    trackpad

less likely to break
    02-11-10 12:23 PM
    I'm feeling the trackpad even tho I haven't had one yet. I've had lots of issues with trackballs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Same here!!
    03-21-10 06:03 PM
    I also havent used a trackpad yet, but this track ball i have on my 8900 is stuck and its annoying..grrr. trackpad!!
    03-21-10 06:05 PM
    I like the tracked, but I have an affinity for the trackball. The trackball just feels more solid to me. I had a 9700 and the trackpad felt a little iffy. I like the feel of the trackball better. I especially like a new white trackball. Nothing beats the glow if a clean trackball its night. Nonetheless, the trackball gets dirty and needs to be reokaced and I am fine with that.

03-21-10 09:59 PM
    Maybe because it is one of the worst things in the world, perhaps behind paper cuts and episodes of Darma and Greg.

That was pure awesomeness!
    03-21-10 10:00 PM
    trackpad for the win, because finger oil helps in its usage , instead of ruining it with the trackball

go for sun tan lotion if you want high speed :>
    03-22-10 05:41 AM
    I love the trackpad. My 8310 and 9000 both had trackball issues after a while.
    I find the trackpad to also be more precise.
    03-22-10 06:00 AM
    I really have no experience with the trackpad, having only tested them out in the store.

I am however on my 3rd BB (Pearl, Curve, and now Tour), and have really had few problems with the trackball. Yes, they do get dirty and sticky, but one soon learns how to pop them out and clean them with alcohol. Also, keeping a couple of spares is always a good idea.

What I would like to know, is weather it will be possible somewhere down the line, to pop out the ball from say a tour, and replace it with a pad?

Any ideas?

03-22-10 08:01 AM

I've replaced track ball twice in two years. Had occasion to use one of the new storm 2's this weekend and I love the pad. Hope they make one for 8330 soon.

03-22-10 08:07 AM
    I was never really a fan of the trackball but the trackpad is slick!
    03-22-10 12:03 PM
    Neither. When you have a great touchscreen you don't neither either one of them
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 03-22-10 at 02:59 PM.
    03-22-10 12:18 PM
    still prefer the reliable and tough track wheel its just gives and gives and gives and never let you down . Trackpad is kinda of fragile feel though always afraid I might break it somehow
    03-22-10 01:38 PM
    still prefer the reliable and tough track wheel its just gives and gives and gives and never let you down . Trackpad is kinda of fragile feel though always afraid I might break it somehow
    Amen!

I might buy a used 8700c on eBay just for kicks, the trackwheel is awesome!
    03-22-10 02:46 PM
    Yo got that right mate. RIM just dont built phones with military standards anymore and yeah I miss the Brick 8700. Its as tough as German Jagtiger tanks lol .
    03-22-10 02:53 PM
    Yo got that right mate. RIM just dont built phones with military standards anymore and yeah I miss the Brick 8700. Its as tough as German Jagtiger tanks lol .
    Amen once more! 8700 could take a beating and another beating one after another, NOTHING stopped it. NOTHING. LITERALLY. No OtterBox needed no anything, just carry it with pride. It was the most durable BlackBerry ever. Can't praise it enough, really I can't.
    03-22-10 03:09 PM
    i cant stand the track pad, it doesnt feel right to me. the trackball feels more real, even if it does break a lot. its not a hard fix anyway...
    03-22-10 03:12 PM
    What will be the name of the model that supports HSDPA ?

03-24-10 04:08 AM
    What will be the name of the model that supports HSDPA ?

I know I've been out of touch but please suffer the meaning of "HSDP"*....

04-07-10 09:18 AM
    I think it's GSM's new 3G technology that is pretty fast. It's faster than EVDO I know that for sure.
    04-07-10 10:10 AM
136 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD