Is there any GPS apps that have a track log in them? I do a lot of back woods dirt biking and would like to have the phone track my route so that if I ever get lost I can get back.

This is the first time I couldn't find the info I wanted using the search.

Cheers
    04-20-09 11:59 AM
    04-20-09 12:09 PM
    I liked this one better than the one above....its easier to use and it plots on a map that you can share with others in real time......granted you cant post photos...which i didn't really care about.....

www instamapper com
    04-20-09 12:22 PM
    I liked this one better than the one above....its easier to use and it plots on a map that you can share with others in real time......granted you cant post photos...which i didn't really care about.....

www instamapper com
    Instamapper is also good.. Disel-Dan.. gpsed does real time tracking (2.5 minutes per update of location for the free and 3 seconds for the payed version that is like 20 bucks) and superimposes it over a map (i believe it is google maps)... not knocking instamapper or anything just wanted to make sure the correct info gets out there...
    04-20-09 12:28 PM
    Thanks guys, I'll give those a shot. I'll probably use the GPSed because I'm not sure if I'll always have service in the areas I ride in. Is there any other stand alone apps?
    04-20-09 03:47 PM
    Thanks guys, I'll give those a shot. I'll probably use the GPSed because I'm not sure if I'll always have service in the areas I ride in. Is there any other stand alone apps?
    Ya that is a nice feature about gpsed.. you can still track without any service and when you are done and upload it will then superimpose.. so you can have it auto update your location if you have service or you can just have it log the your path with a point-to-point style interface.. i have a garmin etrex venture HC for the same purpose.. since it is a little more rugged then my blackberry...
    04-20-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD