I really can't explain much as I would like to. But I am looking for app that would track anywhere I go, then check it when I done with tracking. For example, since I am outdoor kind of guy who loves to ride four wheeler day, there's few trails I go. Couple certain of trails I hit don't have it on map, it's basically my own trail I made, I would like to have app to create my own map and show it to my other riders so they can use it too that way they know what trail I goes on so they could use my trail. It's kind of like nogago app, but I tried it and it wouldn't work on my Tour.

Or is there a gps for only outdoor, like mountain gps? (Germini for one).
    Last edited by JoshiesWorld; 03-09-10 at 09:18 PM.
    03-09-10 09:12 PM
    Tirmble makes apps for this sort of thing, but they're not free by any means. I think with the free GPSLogger you can save track files and export them to .gpx, and with a .gpx file you can go to GPS Visualizer and make a Google Earth .kml.
    03-09-10 09:54 PM
    To add to what w_bovine said, gpslogger will track your route and it actually exports in GoogleEarth format as well as the gpx (and another format).
    03-09-10 10:15 PM
    Thanks to both of you for assistance!

To add to what w_bovine said, gpslogger will track your route and it actually exports in GoogleEarth format as well as the gpx (and another format).
    I am little bit confused here, where could I get the recorded track? Was searching all over in blackberry desktop manager folders, couldn't find a file.
    03-10-10 08:13 AM
    gpslogger uses its own format when you START LOGGING. You can specify in its options/settings, where to store that file. BUT better, under its PATH MANAGER, you can EXPORT to email and email various formats to yourself (others) including the google earth and the more universal gpx (I use the garmin output since I have Garmin's mapsource program).
    Last edited by F2; 03-10-10 at 10:50 AM.
    03-10-10 10:43 AM
    gpslogger uses its own format when you START LOGGING. You can specify in its options/settings, where to store that file. BUT better, under its PATH MANAGER, you can EXPORT to email and email various formats to yourself (others) including the google earth and the more universal gpx (I use the garmin output since I have Garmin's mapsource program).
    Thanks for the added information, F2. I've not used GPSLogger much so I'm not that familiar with it.
    03-10-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD