I wish the crackberry store was selling the 8900 trackballs, so that I didnt have to wait 7-10 days, or pay an arm and a leg to get it shipped quicker.

What do you think? They should buy bulk and resell them here? I know I would purchase a bunch to have around.

How about everyone else?
    01-27-09 08:03 AM
    It wouldn't be a bad idea for CB to sell trackballs, people need new ones alot around here....
    01-27-09 08:14 AM
    yeah, thats what I was thinking, and they can buy them in bulk, and then resell them. There are alot of members that we point elsewhere, when we could just point them to the CrackBerryStore instead!!!

It would be awesome.
    01-27-09 08:44 AM
    I think this is a great idea. Trackballs are in high demand lately.
    01-27-09 08:46 AM
    Agreed, lets get alot of interest shown on this thread, and we may be able to work something out, and possibly have it happen!
    01-27-09 09:22 AM
    I need one pretty bad right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 09:30 AM
    I agree they should sell them on here I would buy a couple of backups
    01-27-09 09:34 AM
    HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center �

they sell trackballs and the black one for the 8900. They are located in Canada so shipping is faster
    01-27-09 09:38 AM
    I go through trackballs like there's no tomorrow! I buy them in bulk from China. Mainly for myself but for friends as well. It is really a pain having to wait up to two weeks for them also! So having them here would be better, accessible wise! And why don't cell companies carry them!?! You would figure that they would like to make a little extra coin by selling them!

Also, CB should carry each and every part to fix a CrackBerry, in my opinion! Instead of having to order outside of the continent, keep all the money here in North America! Just my opinion though!

01-27-09 09:49 AM
    If I was good at replacing trackballs I'd seriously be buying them in bulk like skullgame. I've always been struck by curiosity on why CB doesn't sell more accessories such as trackballs, housings, bezels, etc. But the best answer would be who would wholesale them to CB?

01-27-09 09:54 AM
    Changing trackballs is very easy. There is a very good tutorial on this site actually.

It can be found here.http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    01-27-09 10:56 AM
    I agree they should sell them on here I would buy a couple of backups
    I think a bunch of us would.
    01-27-09 11:04 AM
    I support the cause!
    01-27-09 11:05 AM
    I think a bunch of us would.
    I know i would have a bunch, and i would probably pick up some regular ones to dye also.

And when i got bored, i could change it on the fly.

Hopefully the mods will change the title to this soon so people will know to look and gain interest!

*i would like the title to be "Trackballs in the Crackberry Store?" if someone could please change it, wasnt thinking thered be much interest when i typed it orginially.

Thanks!
    01-27-09 12:01 PM
    Changing trackballs is very easy. There is a very good tutorial on this site actually.

It can be found here.http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    I'm not even smart enough to follow those directions lol

It's tougher to change it on a Bold
    01-27-09 12:20 PM
    Excellent idea. I have always been amazed that those thing,
    something so simple, were not available in the store.

The issue of t/balls come up a lot and it would be really nice
    to drive traffic to the CB store rather than elsewhere.
    01-27-09 12:56 PM
    Excellent idea. I have always been amazed that those thing,
    something so simple, were not available in the store.

The issue of t/balls come up a lot and it would be really nice
    to drive traffic to the CB store rather than elsewhere.
    I agree 100%. I would much rather keep my business here then elsewhere. Plus it would be MUCH quicker to have them shipped, so people wouldnt be put out of a trackball for a week, or have to pay some crazyyyy shipping prices to have it in any reasonable time.
    01-27-09 01:26 PM
    I agree 100%. I would much rather keep my business here then elsewhere.
    Yup my main concern. I'd feel more comfortable ordering something from here. Because if I had a problem with something I think I'd have great communication.
    01-27-09 01:34 PM
    I would probably have a nice black trackball right now but I'm always lenient to order outside the country. If they were here at CB I would buy them all the time.

01-27-09 02:47 PM
    maybe they don't sell them because they dont want to promote voiding your warranty
    01-27-09 02:49 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm looking into this. Will bug the store team and see if they want to start stocking some more parts (beyond battery covers and batteries).

Thanks for the patience!

Kevin
    01-27-09 03:09 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm looking into this. Will bug the store team and see if they want to start stocking some more parts (beyond battery covers and batteries).

Thanks for the patience!

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for taking it into consideration! This would be awesome if it went through. As always, keep us updated!

Jared.

01-27-09 03:22 PM
    I support the cause!
    Nice, also what case is that, want one for my bold

01-27-09 05:50 PM
    Thanks Kev, i have a feeling you better get a bunch of them, the original and the G1...
    01-27-09 05:51 PM
    Yeah. A large amount! And I want first dibs!

And data_munkey, I believe that's the seidio case. That's what it looks like to me. They can be found at the cb store or online at Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories

01-27-09 06:11 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD