I tried posting this in its proper board, but no one replied, so I am sorry that this thread is misplaced.

My trackball will NOT scroll down, no matter what I do! I have searched and searched for a solution to my problem, I tried cleaning the trackball, airdusting the keyboard, and even got a NEW trackball altogether. It still does not scroll down. I am out of warranty and do not want to purchase a new blackberry as this one is still in good condition. What do I do?!?! What is it supposed to look like under the trackball (so I know if there are any parts/sensors missing)? ANY help at all is greatly appreciated!

Thank You
    07-24-09 10:46 AM
    My trackball on my 8900 does that everyonce in awhile. Works fine up,left,right but down freaks every once in awhile. I haven't torn it down to look for any problems though. Sometimes slightly more pressure makes it work, but its almost click pressure to make it work and then it feels like the is something dragging internaly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 10:56 AM
    cnn.cn trackballs do that!!
    07-24-09 10:57 AM
    Can anyone help me!?!
    07-24-09 11:29 AM
    You can buy new trackballs @ cnn.cn and they're super cheap. I bought 1 6 months ago, and its almost time for a replacement already. My trackball never wants to go down after a few months of use. It is a pain in the **** though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 03:08 PM
    Dude! Did you not read that I bought one already, and IT doesn't even work! I'm looking for a solution that has nothing to do with the trackball itself! Thanks anyway.
    07-24-09 07:43 PM
    I was out of warranty and the same thing happened to me. I went to the verizon store and the tech lady told me that it was a pretty simple fix. She took it in the back for about 2 mins and came back. voila! im not sure what she did but they didnt charge me or even ask me about my acct after I told her what the problem was. Im not sure if they will be that nice where you are but I am in NYC so your odds are good. Hope that helps
    07-24-09 09:46 PM
    speedymyk.. your lucky..
    07-24-09 10:31 PM
    I was out of warranty and the same thing happened to me. I went to the verizon store and the tech lady told me that it was a pretty simple fix. She took it in the back for about 2 mins and came back. voila! im not sure what she did but they didnt charge me or even ask me about my acct after I told her what the problem was. Im not sure if they will be that nice where you are but I am in NYC so your odds are good. Hope that helps
    Thanks dude, I'm gonna take it in tomorrow and see what they can do.
    07-25-09 02:40 AM
    I am having the exact same problem, warranty is up as well. I've had this problem SEVERAL times in the past 2 years with the same phone. I removed the trackball housing with the ball still in it, and turned it upside down. Now i'm able to scroll down, & if I want to go back up I can just hit the T key (T = top). So far, so good...

I LOVE my curve, & really don't want to get rid of it unless I have to. Or unless T-mobile gets the Storm or any other touchscreen BB
    07-25-09 07:30 AM
    Ok so I was having the exact same problem, and I used to do tech support for these devices so I kno that they work just like a PC mouse. So..... wat I did is I took a straw cut it long way down (hotdog style if you remember how to do that from 1st grade haha) it into a very small size, about just enough to wrap around the trackball half way. Then I inserted the straw into the slot between the chrome and the trackball (this part can take some time so just be patient) you will be surprised how deep it can go, I went all the way till it stopped. Now you will have the straw sticking out of the BOLD. Bend the rest of the straw down so it is now folded parallel to the bold but still sticking in it. Now wat I did is I spent it clock wise for about a minute then yanked it out and you will notice a ton of lint/dirt pop out, after this you will want to blow on it while rolling with your finger in all directions. You should be seeing a lot of dirt rolling around by now, and also the straw will have a tiny bit of wear on it. Proceed to do this as much as you like but doing so in 1 direction will produce more dirt. I went clockwise about 5 times then counter clockwise about another 5. Then viola it was like brand new. Hope this works for you crackberry heads out there. Deuces!! :-)
    08-09-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD