The trackball on my Tour 9630 has become very sticky even with the sensitivity turned all the way up. Do I have to relace it or is there something else I can do. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 06:34 PM
    I use to do the trick where you take out the battery, then get some rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip. Then you dip the Q-tip in the rubbing alcohol and dab it on the trackball

Use to work like a charm most of the time.
    08-04-10 06:46 PM
    If you can't solve your trackball issue call VZW cs, tour's were getting replaced with bold's..not sure if they still are but worth a shot.
    08-04-10 07:10 PM
    You can also use a can of compressed air and blow out any dust or dirt that may have collected in and around the trackball.
    08-04-10 07:10 PM
    Also you can search youtube. There is a video showing how to roll a thin strip of paper under your trackball to remove any buildup. This along with q-tip and alcohol will take care of the nastiest trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 10:10 PM
    Sticky balls are the worst! da-dum... PSSH!!!

Now that that's out of the way... can the trackball for the tour be disassembled easily? I used to have a Pearl and it wasn't uncommon to have to remove the rollers and clean them every now and then. Wasn't that big of a deal.
    08-05-10 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD