Hello new user here to the forum, I purchased a BB Curve w/ sprint and I was wondering if the trackball is suppose to make like a clicky springy type noise when rolling it, it points on screen just fine and is accurate but I dont recall it making that noise when I looked at it in the store, I guess the best way I can describe the way it sounds is from like when your a kid and stick something near your bike spokes to hear the click click noise ....sorry for the moronic adjective ....thanks
    09-19-08 03:15 PM
    Options > Screen/Keyboard > Trackball : Audible Roll (Click or Mute)

You can choose if you want an audible effect when you use it.
    09-19-08 03:21 PM
    Oh i forgot to mention its not the audible effect , its a actual noise from the ball ... I have the Audible Roll option off already
    09-19-08 03:27 PM
    My Pearl has a t/ball that scrolls smoothly and makes no sound.
    The Curve I have has a t/ball with sort of a "gritty" feel to the
    scroll (I like that better) and makes a sound whether it is set
    to click or mute. Not sure if that is what you mean.
    09-19-08 03:28 PM
    Hello new user here to the forum, I purchased a BB Curve w/ sprint and I was wondering if the trackball is suppose to make like a clicky springy type noise when rolling it, it points on screen just fine and is accurate but I dont recall it making that noise when I looked at it in the store, I guess the best way I can describe the way it sounds is from like when your a kid and stick something near your bike spokes to hear the click click noise ....sorry for the moronic adjective ....thanks
    yes, mine makes a kind of gritty feeling spoke noise as well.

and it "clicks" when i press down on it.

from what i have seen on the curves this is normal!
    09-19-08 03:29 PM
    Gritty describes well lol ...so yea I am not going to worry at all about it, thanks for the help I apreciate it.
    09-19-08 03:31 PM
    I have a 1 month old Curve and it makes that noise just after getting it broke in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 03:33 PM
    ...and welcome to Crackberry!
    09-19-08 03:34 PM
    thank you very fast info and kind people ...awesome!
    09-19-08 03:45 PM
    I like the gritty.
    09-19-08 03:56 PM
    Mine was smooth, then got gritty, gave my berry a new ball, and smooth as butter again

some wear in good and some don't....
    09-19-08 03:58 PM
    My Pearl has a t/ball that scrolls smoothly and makes no sound.
    The Curve I have has a t/ball with sort of a "gritty" feel to the
    scroll (I like that better) and makes a sound whether it is set
    to click or mute. Not sure if that is what you mean.
    Mine has a bit of a gritty sound to it also. I don't remember it being that way out of the box...but I can live with it. At least my ball's not pink anymore since I gave that Pearl to the wife.

09-19-08 04:01 PM
    Well my trackball texture changed a bit when I sharpied it, but it is still gritty how I like it.
    09-19-08 04:10 PM
    i have the 8830we and wish i could get the click sound on mine,but when i try to enable it, i get nothing
    09-19-08 06:55 PM
    I have the same issue. It doesn't usually bother me unless I am somewhere where it's very quiet. Then it seems a million times louder. lol

I have always had that gritty noise, right out the box. Yes, gritty! Great adjective.
    09-19-08 07:20 PM
    mine made that gritty/zipper sound right out the box
    09-19-08 07:26 PM
    Yeah its supposed to do that if you have it for a while it will stop because the oil from your hand will permeate the ball and make the surface smoother, hence the smooth operation at the store (lots of people touching it)

09-20-08 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD