I have a SPRINT 8830 and is it true with a bit of software that i can change the color of my track ball ??? If so how ? ? ? Pls give step by step how to do this...
    06-18-09 05:42 PM
    No, it is not true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 05:43 PM
    You might be mistaking the trackball with the LED notifier. With apps like BBLight and others, you can change the colors of the LED.

06-18-09 05:46 PM
    There's only software available to the 8100 since it is the only BB with four LED's under the trackball.

If you want to change the color of your trackball, you can do one of two things... Buy one at a cheap price from either eBay or cnn.cn. Or you can dye it yourself.

06-18-09 05:47 PM
    BBAlerts allows you to change the LED indicator for different notifications. There is only a white LED under the trackball. Cnn.cn would be your best bet for a colored trackball.

Good Luck
    06-18-09 05:50 PM
    Be forewarned though, the colored TBs from cnn.cn don't use OEM balls and more than a few CB members reported having problems with their colored TBs from them.

06-18-09 05:56 PM
    Dyeing your TB is easy, but you have to take your TB assembly apart. So it is recommended you buy a spare and dye the new one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dye...allery-144460/

There is a link in the first post to the thread that started it all, and how to do it.

06-18-09 05:59 PM
    Be forewarned though, the colored TBs from cnn.cn don't use OEM balls and more than a few CB members reported having problems with their colored TBs from them.

You can have problems with OEM TB's on a brand new device. I did twice so OEM doesnt always matter. Cnn.cn has said that there has been some changes for the better on the colored TB's.
    06-18-09 06:11 PM
    Good to know Garz about the changes cnn.cn has made. I wouldn't want to spread misinformation.

06-18-09 06:43 PM
    Replaced my trackball on my 8330 with a colored one from CNN.CN.. works fine and was cheap..
    06-18-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD