After using my BlackBerry for nearly 2 years, my right thumb hurts. It's a little tender in the one area where I'm always pressing down on the Trackball. Anyone else have this issue?
    I can't wait until I'm able to upgrade to a BlackBerry with a Trackpad. Hopefully this will fix the issue.
    For the meantime, I wonder if they have Trackballs that aren't so tough on the thumb?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 08:30 AM
    I've been using phones with trackballs since 2003. I haven't run into that problem yet. Maybe switch thumbs so its not always the same thumb pressing the trackball?

03-21-10 08:37 AM
    I had that issue with my Curve 8900. Actually I found it good, sort of a natural warning that I shouldn't be spending too much time with my BlackBerry and concentrate on other things... However since advancing to Curve 8520 with the trackpad and now the Storm2 with the touch screen, I can tell from experience that with each advancement my thumb has had it easier. A word of warning though, the trackpad can at times feel painful to push down.
    03-21-10 08:39 AM
    I use my nails to press on it sometimes because it does put pressure on your thumb. You might end up with carpal thumb syndrome soon. Haha
    03-21-10 08:41 AM
    I use my nails to press on it sometimes because it does put pressure on your thumb. You might end up with carpal thumb syndrome soon. Haha
    As a guy I don't have much of nails, but the nail I do have is probably a good idea. I never thought of that. I may have to give it a try.
    Lately I've been using the Return Key quite often to make selections to help ease the Trackball pain.

03-21-10 08:56 AM
    Upgrading to a phone with a trackpad like you said wouldn't be a bad idea if the trackball is bothering you.
    03-21-10 09:49 AM
    Upgrading to a phone with a trackpad like you said wouldn't be a bad idea if the trackball is bothering you.
    I will definitely be looking to do that in the coming months when I'm eligible for and early upgrade with Verizon. I also hear that they're coming out with some newer models this year. Let's hope it's true.

03-21-10 10:28 AM
    My thumbs feel just fine!
    03-21-10 10:29 AM
    Never had this problem before. Maybe it's because I have been on my BlackBerry more than I should be lately. Perhaps I should give it a rest.

03-21-10 10:31 AM
    I spend my whole day on my bb. My thumb has never gotten even a little sore. I mean, it's a simple easy click.

Maybe you have girly thumbs?
    03-21-10 12:55 PM
    ^^ now that's hilarious... How would one check for a solution
    to 'girly thumb'? My sister in law has girly thumbs (by default)
    and she's on that blackberry constantly. I've never heard this complaint from her, thus ruling out the girly thumb hypothesis.

03-21-10 01:21 PM
    Maybe it's because I have been on my BlackBerry more than I should be lately.
    Blasphemy! You will be banished from the world of Crackberry if you say something as horrendous as this again.
    03-21-10 01:31 PM
    I only had a BB with a track ball for about 6 months. I never experienced any pain.
    03-21-10 05:42 PM
    Never experience any pain over the last year and a half of daily BlackBerry usage. It's only started to happen as of late. I replaced my trackball with one I found online. I assume they're all made from the same material. It's not too painful. Just a little sore.

LOL @ those that said I had girly thumbs.
    03-21-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD