WOW! I can't picture myself going a day without my trackball. Just today, it got messed up and I broke it even more while trying to fix it. It was **** because I couldn't surf the web, chat on BBM, read my messages, etc. Right after work, I went out to get a replacement from a local store. Of course I paid an arm and a leg because I couldn't wait a few days if I ordered online. This is great info.

I just noticed this thread was resurrected from September.
    11-17-09 08:16 PM
    Trackball removal:

11-17-09 08:34 PM
    OMG this is some of the best advice I've ever gotten. Thanks so much I lost the trackball on my BB this weekend, And to answer the question how, I dropped it a couple of time and i was always able to pop i back in but it was loose and this time it was gine before i noticed.
    04-26-10 02:29 PM
    how do you scroll up and down in the "Day" view in blackberry calendar if you don't have a trackball. I can get to the Day view, but it brings it up to show the start of the day at the first appointment. I can't "scroll down" to see upcoming appointments later in the day, ie 5pm.
    05-12-10 05:14 PM
    how much was the replacement trackball at a store? With 3-business-days shipping I just ordered online (this website) for a total of $18.
    05-12-10 05:16 PM
    when i got to the general options menu and tried hitting the menu button - the highlight wouldnt move down the list. :/
    10-08-10 05:28 PM
    I recently lost my trackball too and had to figure out how to do the basics, like access my messages (I have a 2+ year old 8330). I found the tip about turning off dialing also, but couldn't do that either. I was able to figure out how to access my messages, though. On my screen, messages was already highlighted so I could stick my finger in the gap and press to get to the messages screen. After a long time trying and failing to figure out how to scroll, i did figure out how to get at my messages. In the messages screen, press U. That will take you to the oldest unread message. Press the nub in the spot where your trackball used to be, and that will open the message. From there, you can either keep pressing U to go to next unopened messages or press N or P to go to next and previous read messages. A message must be opened already for the N and P to work.

This was a lifesaver for me until my new ball came in the mail. It got here today, popped it right in and it works like a dream!
    12-17-10 03:29 PM
    My Pearl's trackball fell out after my friend threw it at a cupboard. I can't find Dial from Homescreen on the Phone General Options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-11 10:13 AM
    There are replacement parts you can buy. Also, you can buy used replacement parts and you can replace the trackball by yourself.
    07-17-11 12:10 PM
    Ya after 2 years of removing and cleaning my Curves trackball it finally fell apart on my last month. Fortunately there is a Telus Store not far from me so I paid the $30 for a new one. A bit pricey but it was fast and at least the lady did install the new track ball for me :-/

Unfortunately a week ago the mini USB port on the old curve detached electrically internally so I could not charge or tranfer data, so I had to use my daughters old curve(she has bought a Torch instead) and it was newer and uses a track pad thankfully.

Now to just wait til Telus gets the Bold 9900/9930 so I can upgrade :P

CS
    07-17-11 01:52 PM
    sorry i cant even get to the general options bit when i press the green button !? is there any other way to do it ?
    04-03-13 02:05 PM
    wow okay just found another way dont ask how i did it, type a word from a text you know you have sent. then you press like onto that using enter then when your on that text you can press view folder so itll take you to where it says 'sms inbox sms outbox' etc, then press i for inbox then keep pressing U so you can see your texts hope this helps
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    04-03-13 02:11 PM
    another solution is to upgrade to anything that was built in the last 3 years
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    04-03-13 02:15 PM
    how do you take out you track ball and clean it?
    Search YouTube. There are lots of Videos.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 10:21 AM
    Yeah, get a Z10.
    04-04-13 10:35 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD