I notice that the black berry curve 8520 is using a track pad (which I think is much better the then track ball) I love my bold and I notice with all my friends there track balls (lol) becomes really black (its a turn off) it would be sweet if blackberry got rid of the track ball and started to use the track pad. what do you guys/gals think?
    06-15-09 08:32 PM
    track Ball for sure.... I did the same trade like you lol...and i love it
    06-15-09 08:47 PM
    track Ball for sure.... I did the same trade like you lol...and i love it
    well i dont have a problem with the ball yet. but i know my fiancee has plenty of problems (but she has a pearl). yea i dont know why i took so long to go to a BB
    06-15-09 08:49 PM
    Having used both the Trackpad is much better.
    06-15-09 08:50 PM
    I don't have any problems with the trackballs but I hope that all future BB's (especially the Onyx) have the trackpad. It just seems way more practical than the trackball. Can't really get dirty, no moving parts (besides the click), etc.
    06-15-09 08:51 PM
    Having used both the Trackpad is much better.
    I never used the track pad but it looks great.

I don't have any problems with the trackballs but I hope that all future BB's (especially the Onyx) have the trackpad. It just seems way more practical than the trackball. Can't really get dirty, no moving parts (besides the click), etc.
    +1, I also hope that all future black berrys use the track pad...
    06-15-09 08:55 PM
    I used the track pad on my Nokia and did not really like it, I find the track ball to be faster (maybe that's just me). I dont know ether why i took so long to come on the BB side lol
    06-15-09 08:58 PM
    I used the track pad on my Nokia and did not really like it, I find the track ball to be faster (maybe that's just me). I dont know ether why i took so long to come on the BB side lol
    im not positive about this but on the 8520 there should be an opition to make the track pad faster (but dont quote me on that)
    06-15-09 09:02 PM
    im not positive about this but on the 8520 there should be an opition to make the track pad faster (but dont quote me on that)
    It does have the same sensitivity settings that the current trackball models have.
    06-15-09 09:09 PM
    It does have the same sensitivity settings that the current trackball models have.
    then i really hope that all the new bb's will use a track pads (really hoping theres a new bold and i dont mean the onyx to small for my taste)
    Last edited by alphatectz; 06-15-09 at 09:20 PM.
    06-15-09 09:12 PM
    I would like to try out a trackpad to see how it works. If you could change the DPI so it is more sensitive (quicker) then I think I would probably prefer to switch over to a trackpad. If we all had trackpads, nobody would have dirty balls anymore
    06-15-09 09:15 PM
    I would like to try out a trackpad to see how it works. If you could change the DPI so it is more sensitive (quicker) then I think I would probably prefer to switch over to a trackpad. If we all had trackpads, nobody would have dirty balls anymore
    I SAY BAN THE TRACK BALLS!!!!!
    06-15-09 09:17 PM
    I would also like to try the trackpad, my trackball always is getting stuck from debris getting inside the phone, which stays in its protective holster all the time.
    I SAY BAN THE TRACK BALLS!!!!!
    Are you sure? That's not what you said here:
    then i really hope that all the new bb's will use a track ball (really hoping theres a new bold and i dont mean the onyx to small for my taste)
    Is There A Way That We Can Take The Track Ball Out And Use A Track Pad On Current Bb's???
    06-15-09 09:18 PM
    Are you sure? That's not what you said here:

LOL, I MEANT TRACK PADS'S
    TIME FOR A EDIT
    06-15-09 09:19 PM
    Is There A Way That We Can Take The Track Ball Out And Use A Track Pad On Current Bb's???
    I highly highly highly doubt this.. It would be awesome though.
    06-15-09 09:33 PM
    Its possible. Remember the Onyx originally was designed with the trackball, and now has a trackpad
    06-15-09 09:34 PM
    I highly highly highly doubt this.. It would be awesome though.
    never good to doubt something..
    06-15-09 09:35 PM
    Its possible. Remember the Onyx originally was designed with the trackball, and now has a trackpad
    now this is why you dont doubt things.....
    but then again how can one do this to his or her device....
    i say lets make a petition and send it to rim.......
    06-15-09 09:36 PM
    i havent seen pictures of the onyx with a track pad. have any to share?
    06-15-09 09:37 PM
    Nope, not at all
    06-15-09 09:37 PM
    now this is why you dont doubt things.....
    but then again how can one do this to his or her device....
    i say lets make a petition and send it to rim.......
    I just said I doubted it being possible, not that it was impossible. If it is possible, even better. I'd LOVE for it to be able to swapped. But Sith, CX, ausch, etc... How could it possible? Do they share some really similar hardware that would allow this to happen?

The current one is kind of squared shaped and (for example) the Bold's cutout for the trackball is round. Wouldn't we need new hardware for this to be done? RIM would have to produce these parts with the changes, no?
    06-15-09 09:38 PM
    I would assume you would just need the new housing and the part itself.
    06-15-09 09:38 PM
    I would assume you would just need the new housing and the part itself.
    hmmmmmmmm

I just said I doubted it being possible, not that it was impossible. If it is possible, even better. I'd LOVE for it to be able to swapped. But Sith, CX, ausch, etc... How could it possible? Do they share some really similar hardware that would allow this to happen?

this would be sweet.
    06-15-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD