The track ball on my pearl flip stopped working and Verizon has ordered a replacement phone but my question is how might I access my text messages without the track ball?
    04-20-10 11:45 AM
    unless you set one of the hotkeys to access the messages you are pretty much out of luck.
    04-20-10 12:00 PM
    Woof, after reading the guide for cleaning/replacing the 8220's trackball, I can see why it might be easier to replace the phone.

My recommendation is to make a backup, then restore that backup to another BB to use in the meantime.... but not everybody has a box full of BlackBerry phones. And why not? Start buying them up!
    04-20-10 12:35 PM
    My usual fix for a sticking trackball is to clean it using the corner of a handkerchief wetted (damp) with "pure" alcohol. That's ispopropanol, industrial alcohol, etc - something better than about 95% and not the drinking stuff. You should be able to find it somewhere like Radio Shack as component cleaner - or I believe "rubbing alcohol" in USA is much the same stuff.

A brisk movement of the ball in all directions usually clears it within seconds.
    04-20-10 01:06 PM
    your goin to need to do a real good clean
    04-20-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD