I have a Sprint Tour purchased from Best Buy. I am on my 3rd Tour and this one is going bad (1st one- overheated all the time, 2nd- bad trackball, 3rd- now overheating also.) I have the insurance thru Best Buy and they have always replaced the phone. Now they no longer have the Tour and are offering me a Bold instead. Does this sound like a wise idea? Can the device switch wizrd be used for 2 different BB's ? I assume the Bolds sync with Outlook like the Tour. The Tour is my first BB, I really like them, but I have to say this is very fustrating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    05-27-10 08:48 PM
    The Bold (9700/9650) is superior in every way. No reason to get a Tour over it unless money is an issue.
    05-27-10 08:53 PM
    I have a Sprint Tour purchased from Best Buy. I am on my 3rd Tour and this one is going bad (1st one- overheated all the time, 2nd- bad trackball, 3rd- now overheating also.) I have the insurance thru Best Buy and they have always replaced the phone. Now they no longer have the Tour and are offering me a Bold instead. Does this sound like a wise idea? Can the device switch wizrd be used for 2 different BB's ? I assume the Bolds sync with Outlook like the Tour. The Tour is my first BB, I really like them, but I have to say this is very fustrating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    The Bold(9650) is the newer version of your Tour. It does sound like a wise idea (unless you want to try a different platform). The device switch wizard can be used. And it can do everything your Tour can do (with the addition of having WiFi).

It has the same OS. You wont notice a difference between the two models, maybe just better performance and battery life out of the Bold.
    05-27-10 08:54 PM
    I don't really see the confusion unless you are thinking about getting a different type of device. The Bold is better than the Tour in just about every way. I would definitely get that if it were offered to me. It would be easy to switch over your content using the desktop manager. I say go for it and enjoy your new Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 08:54 PM
    Without question the 9650 Tour is better than the 9630!!! You can definitely do device switch wizard... all of your themes, apps and games should be compatible with the 9650
    05-27-10 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD