Searched and found a few other vehicles that were having similar issues... but, wanted to hear from other MB owners.

My wife's Tour (4.7.1.40) has been succesfully connecting to her 09 C-class perfectly since she got the phone shortly after launch day. Suddenly, last week, the car appears to "connecting" constantly. The radio mutes as if on a call, and none of the car's radio, phone, or steering wheel controls work or have any effect whatsoever. Battery pull solved the issue for a day, but it's right back to happening again.

Tried pairing the phone with my Tundra, and upon connecting, it immediately began acting just like the Benz. However, in the Tundra, if I use the steering wheel "hang up" button, the connection breaks. Disconnecting and re-pairing has no effect. The other strange thing is that, even after shutting the vehicle off and removing the key, the phone maintains the bluetooth "connection" for quite a long time, compared to how it previously acted.

Otherwise, the Tour has been perfect for her. Literally zero problems. It should also be noted that my Curve still works perfectly in both vehicles.

Can anyone confirm that this is a RIM issue, and perhaps comment on if it is being addressed in 5.0? Or, can anyone with 5.0 loaded advise whether they are having any of these issues after upgrading software?

Thanks Crackberry!!!
    11-14-09 09:27 PM
    I have absolutely no problems with my Tour on my 2008 C-class. In fact, people tell me that they can't tell I'm on a handsfree device at all. The Tour connects quickly and is solid in the connection. I've experienced no problems on either any 4.7 OS or 5.0.0.230.

Perhaps your problems are the device, not that car?
    11-15-09 12:24 PM
    Identical problem with my Tour for 2007 350e. Mercedes deal says phone not covered under MB warranty!
    11-16-09 06:10 PM
    I have not had any problems in my MB. I connected my Mom's Tour to her Ford Edge with no problems too. But, we both are updated to the latest official Sprint OS 4.7.1.57. I believe Verizon is also on that official release. You might want to try that and then reconnect the phone.
    11-16-09 07:30 PM
    i drive a toyota and it does not have bluetooth
    11-16-09 08:04 PM
    Figured I'd bump this back up for anyone searching in the future.

As of the latest Verizon OS update (4.7.1.61), the phone is successfully paired with the Mercedes. It's only been a couple days... but hopefully this update fixed the issue!
    11-21-09 11:06 AM
    Mom has a MB s63 2009, her storm 2 and my tour work flawlessly...sorry you are having trouble
    11-21-09 03:18 PM
    i drive a toyota and it does not have bluetooth
    Some Toyota's can be optionally equipped with Bluetooth connectivity like the Land Cruiser and the Prius.
    11-21-09 03:43 PM
    My Tour 9630 paired up fine with the M-B Bluetooth module in our 2007 E350, and making and receiving calls works great. BUT - no download of contacts/phone #s from the 9630 to the M-B COMMAND system. I've made sure that "Transfer Address Book" is enabled on the 9630, but nothing happens.

Anyone have success with this, or insight as to what the problem is?
    03-28-10 09:31 AM
    I'm having no isues with my 2007 CLS550 - Quick ocnnections etc., My only complaint is the fact I cannot have any voice control or use a Bluetooth earpiece at the same time !

Othewise, no issues.
    03-28-10 11:42 AM
    My 2007 E550 pairs flawlessly with my Tour. It's nice having the contact list and recent calls on the COMAND screen.

My only complaint is that the Bluetooth radio sometimes stays on for quite a while after I turn the car off...so if I'm walking around the house and go to make/receive a call, it sometimes gets picked up in the car when I'm already in the house. Yeah...I could manually shut off the Bluetooth radio on the Tour, but I am lazy.
    03-28-10 01:27 PM
    Searched and found a few other vehicles that were having similar issues... but, wanted to hear from other MB owners.

My wife's Tour (4.7.1.40) has been succesfully connecting to her 09 C-class perfectly since she got the phone shortly after launch day. Suddenly, last week, the car appears to "connecting" constantly. The radio mutes as if on a call, and none of the car's radio, phone, or steering wheel controls work or have any effect whatsoever. Battery pull solved the issue for a day, but it's right back to happening again.

Tried pairing the phone with my Tundra, and upon connecting, it immediately began acting just like the Benz. However, in the Tundra, if I use the steering wheel "hang up" button, the connection breaks. Disconnecting and re-pairing has no effect. The other strange thing is that, even after shutting the vehicle off and removing the key, the phone maintains the bluetooth "connection" for quite a long time, compared to how it previously acted.

Otherwise, the Tour has been perfect for her. Literally zero problems. It should also be noted that my Curve still works perfectly in both vehicles.

Can anyone confirm that this is a RIM issue, and perhaps comment on if it is being addressed in 5.0? Or, can anyone with 5.0 loaded advise whether they are having any of these issues after upgrading software?

Thanks Crackberry!!!
    I had the exact same problem with my 2008 c-class. It happened right after I got the Tour, so I updated the software and that seemed to work for several days and then it happened again, so I went to exchange the phone. The new phone worked in the car great for a couple of weeks and then it just happened again. It happened without changing any settings or touching the phone or car. My curve also worked perfectly for years. Sounds like it is a newer C-class issue with the Tour. My service is with Verizon.
    I hope the upgraded software works for you 10SE, but dont be surprised if one day it just happens.
    04-03-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD