idk what to do so im asking for your honest opinion. please put the iphone hate aside. i'll get straight to the point i have a tour and an opportunity just came up that would allow me to get an iphone 3GS for 50 dollars a month...what do you honestly think i should do... i am a senior in high school and mostly use my phone for web browsing and texting at&t has ok service in my area...please help
    08-25-09 10:03 PM
    Ummm do you like using your tour
    08-25-09 10:06 PM
    yeah i love using the tour but i like the touchscreen on the iphone
    08-25-09 10:18 PM
    If texting and the web are your priorities and you have no real
    need for push email, get the iPhone. The Tour quite honestly
    sounds like it isn't the right device for you.
    08-25-09 10:50 PM
    I agree with ag. The iPhone was made to catch the eye and although it is a powerhouse technology capable of many things it, quite honestly, (I actually love the iphone with no hatred) is a toy and it is more of a fit for someone in Hs more so than the blackberry. Mainly because in HS you do not need as powerful an email client as the BB, or at least I didn't in HS. The iphone is more in tune with texting and taking pictures and media.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 10:56 PM
    If texting and the web are your priorities and you have no real
    need for push email, get the iPhone. The Tour quite honestly
    sounds like it isn't the right device for you.
    I agree and disagree. I agree that if all you do is surf the net, the iPhone is a good choice. I disagree, however with that the iPhone is more apt for texting. I'm not a touchscreen user, but in my experience, texting with a full keyboard just can't be beat. Just my opinion, I'd stick with what you have, as before long the BB's browser will be as good, if not better, than the iPhone's.

08-25-09 10:59 PM
    i dont know what to do i would love to have the iphone because obviously its got a better browser and i could save some money but i love my tour
    08-25-09 11:03 PM
    i dont know what to do i would love to have the iphone because obviously its got a better browser and i could save some money but i love my tour
    Get an iPod Touch and have them both. New one should be coming out soon.
    08-25-09 11:07 PM
    Both are top of the line devices. Choose which fits your lifestyle.
    08-26-09 10:25 AM
    If you love the Tour, then I think you answered your own question.

If you want to save money, and you feel that you would be equally satisfied with the iPhone, then go with that...
    08-26-09 10:37 AM
    I couldn't live with a software only keyboard, been there done that and will never do it again. That said its what fits you better. If the mulitmedia functions are more important then the iphone will work great for you. The other killer is the very limited multi-tasking the iphone offers. It is better than the zero support the 3G offered but it is still pretty lacking. If a phone cannot perform the basic function of streaming Pandora and surfing the web then I have no use for it. But that is me, what matters is if it suites you.
    08-26-09 12:06 PM
    It depends on lots of things....are you using your phone for mostly multimeadia, do you prefer a physical keyboard over a virtual, do you need multitasking? You have to ask yourself these and many more questions to figure out which is the right device for you
    08-26-09 12:11 PM
    Get the iPhone if you are looking for the best browser experience. You may regret it, you may not, but I know I'll be switching to BlackBerry soon.
    08-26-09 12:31 PM
    Why fix what's not broken? The tour is working well for you right now then why switch?

08-26-09 12:35 PM
    I personally like the push email, hardware keyboard, and customization options that BlackBerry offers compared to the iPhone, I had the original one and the 3G, but I bought a Bold last December and have never looked back. I was tempted by the 3GS though, but I have decided to stick with BlackBerry. It's really what you prefer though, both phones have their own advantages.
    08-26-09 01:37 PM
    I say wait till verizon gets the iphone then make a decision LOL
    08-26-09 03:20 PM
    Would you want Wi-Fi? The iPhone has Wi-Fi capability, unlike the Tour.
    08-26-09 03:45 PM
    If I'm in HS (which I'm not); I'd want the iPhone. It's just the 'cooler' device.

When you get old and crusty you want a BB
    08-26-09 06:44 PM
    I have both and for web browsing I'll definately go with the iphone. Texting is good on both phones.
    08-26-09 08:07 PM
    If you're questioning the fact that you have a tour, its not for you. Get the iPhone.
    08-26-09 09:34 PM
    Sounds like an iphone might be better for you, and the price is good.
    08-26-09 09:50 PM
    Get the iphone, sell your tour and buy the bold...have the best of both worlds and switch back and forth

08-26-09 10:30 PM
    I have both as well (a VZW Tour and an iPhone 3GS).

For web browsing, media (iPod) and 3rd party app support, the iPhone can't be beat.

I have the Tour because I need the push mail and BES email/calendar/directory support for work, and in part because AT&T has suboptimal signal inside the building were I work (a large hospital) whereas Verizon's signal is boosted inside the building via strategically placed boosters (we have a deal with VZW).

If I were the OP, I'd get the iPhone.
    08-27-09 09:55 AM
    Yeah go Iphone! Aren't they the in thing for kids in highschool these days!?!?!?!

08-27-09 10:15 AM
    I prefer the Tour. The iPhone is nice, but the Tour is awesome!!!
    08-27-09 07:00 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD