Telus is my provider and I just upgraded from a Curve to a Tour. I had a GPS app. called Telus Navigator on my Curve which gave acceptable GPS functionality. It doesn't appear to be available on the Tour. Any Telus customers here who might know?
    Thanks
    Gary
    08-02-09 07:47 AM
    I find google maps a better option. I erased navigator completely. Google has great options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 08:02 AM
    I have the telus navigator icon on my phone, don't see why you shouldn't. You can use BBmaps but google maps won't work with the gps on the phone as telus disables it. I never tried using telus navigator, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on your tour.

08-02-09 09:20 AM
    Thanks. There's no icon on my phone but the Telus website says it's available. However there's no place to download from.
    I may have to give them a call.
    G.
    08-02-09 09:30 AM
    Are you sure all your icon's are shown? I hid mine because Im not using it. If you push the bb button on the home screen and then select "show all" it might just be there. Something to try anyway.
    08-02-09 10:48 AM
    Google maps works just fine with TELUS!!!
    08-02-09 10:50 AM
    Called Telus. They e-mailed me a link to d/l from and it appears to be working fine.
    I like the audible directions with Navigator as opposed to Google Map. Might be my old age ADD
    Thanks
    G.
    08-02-09 01:18 PM
    Called Telus. They e-mailed me a link to d/l from and it appears to be working fine.
    I like the audible directions with Navigator as opposed to Google Map. Might be my old age ADD
    Thanks
    G.
    Are you paying a monthly fee for Navigator?

08-02-09 01:34 PM
    Google maps works just fine with TELUS!!!
    No it doesn't. Google Maps does work with cell tower triangulation on Telus, Bell and Sprint Tours but is unable to use the GPS on the phone. Start up Google Maps, how close does it get your location? If it isn't within 10 metres, then the GPS isn't working.

08-02-09 02:19 PM
    No it doesn't. Google Maps does work with cell tower triangulation on Telus, Bell and Sprint Tours but is unable to use the GPS on the phone. Start up Google Maps, how close does it get your location? If it isn't within 10 metres, then the GPS isn't working.

Yup - google maps is not using GPS on my Telus Tour, even though BB Maps is.

08-02-09 06:05 PM
    Are you paying a monthly fee for Navigator?

I would like to know also.. Is the Telus Navigator a free or paid service?
    08-02-09 06:23 PM
    I have Telus Nav.

And it is $10/month.

It was with my Telus TV icons and stuff. It should be on there.
    08-02-09 07:28 PM
    I would like to know also.. Is the Telus Navigator a free or paid service?
    free for 30 days
    08-05-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD