Hey, I have been checking out RIM's site and noticed that the BB Tour will have "Assisted, Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS enabled". Forgive me for being naive, does this mean that the phone has a built in GPS?

I would like to know as my 8330 does not have a built in GPS which prevents Google maps and other useful applications from getting an "actual" read of my location.

Help please, I need a new phone. My 8330 is almost dead and I have been holding off getting a new phone because I want one with GPS built in that is cool aka the Tour.
    06-16-09 07:09 AM
    Sprint will be unlocked to work with any app. Seeing as they have never locked down gps on previous models.

I have a feeling Verizon's will be too, if its not Verizon is going to have **** storm on its hands from users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 07:28 AM
    Sprint will be unlocked to work with any app. Seeing as they have never locked down gps on previous models.

I have a feeling Verizon's will be too, if its not Verizon is going to have **** storm on its hands from users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You aren't kidding! (Verizon comment)
    06-16-09 07:29 AM
    as long as i can use google maps and poynt, i am fine.
    06-16-09 07:31 AM
    If the Storm is the example then Verizon will unlock the GPS too. Of course previous to the Storm, Verizon was infamous for locking down the GPS. We shall see.
    06-16-09 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD