I listen to music through my car stereo via bluetooth. If music has been playing a while and a phone call comes in no-one can hear me talk but I can hear them. If I want to make a call I have to try about three times before I can hear the people I am calling. Every once in a while when a song is interrupted by a call,text,email,or bbm it restarts at the beginning on a song rather than where it left off like it usually does. I have headset and handsfree checked off the bluetooth properties list but it stil f**** wit me

any help ???
    08-19-09 11:03 PM
    Dear Velocity and other new Verizon Tour Users:

I just bought a new Verizon Tour. I have a 2009 Acura TL with navig. and bluetooth. The phone syncs up well with the Car's bluetooth. However, the sound quality is POOR. People say that I sound far away or low volume. Also, the sound quality from the car's stereo system while on a call is distorted and poor. Some calls sounds ok, but many are distored. This NEVER happened with my LG EnV Touch or with my older Palm Treo 700. Sound was flawless with the LG EnV. No one ever complained.

This is the second Tour I have received from Verizon because they said the first phone was the likely problem. WRONG!!! THis second phone is no better. What a HUGE disappointment.

I here from Acura that they are still testing the Tour. Their website indicated that the Blackberry Curve operates flawlessly with my car, so I probably have to downgrade to that phone.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, FRUSTRATED !!!!!!!
    08-19-09 11:17 PM
    Hey guys,

I also have an Acura 2007 TL SType and pairing up the bluetooth was very easy. Unfortunately I have been having the same issue with people telling me that I sound far away. I have had Motorola's, LG's and the blackberry curve all paired up in the same car. Every single one of them was working fine. Never got a complain about. I went through 2 different Tours and they have the same problem. This is not the only problem that I am having. There is a trackball issue, where I get stock and the cursor doesn't move. The blackberry curve is flawless compared to this phone and would be the way to go. I am going to return the Tour for the curve. Its a shame how a multi billion dollar company comes out with a phone after a long time and it has issues like this. Verizon is a great company when it comes to reception here in the U.S. for the most part. As far as the phones go though they do suck. Most of us verizon users are stuck with them, because they have great coverage. Unfortunately we can't say the same about the choices in the phones.
    08-22-09 04:57 AM
    My tour sync's up great with my T505. the sound is just as good as with my 8330. No problems on that end. But i have as well noticed that whenever the music, either thru the media player or slacker, gets interupted by call text or whatever that it restarts. this happens when on or off bluetooth. as far a call quality, no one has ever said anything and i hear them just fine. So I guess no problems there.
    08-22-09 05:12 AM
    Dear Velocity and other new Verizon Tour Users:

I just bought a new Verizon Tour. I have a 2009 Acura TL with navig. and bluetooth. The phone syncs up well with the Car's bluetooth. However, the sound quality is POOR. People say that I sound far away or low volume. Also, the sound quality from the car's stereo system while on a call is distorted and poor. Some calls sounds ok, but many are distored. This NEVER happened with my LG EnV Touch or with my older Palm Treo 700. Sound was flawless with the LG EnV. No one ever complained.

This is the second Tour I have received from Verizon because they said the first phone was the likely problem. WRONG!!! THis second phone is no better. What a HUGE disappointment.

I here from Acura that they are still testing the Tour. Their website indicated that the Blackberry Curve operates flawlessly with my car, so I probably have to downgrade to that phone.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, FRUSTRATED !!!!!!!
    Nice threadjacking there. And a cross-post.
    08-22-09 09:57 AM
    Hey guys,

I also have an Acura 2007 TL SType and pairing up the bluetooth was very easy. Unfortunately I have been having the same issue with people telling me that I sound far away. I have had Motorola's, LG's and the blackberry curve all paired up in the same car. Every single one of them was working fine. Never got a complain about. I went through 2 different Tours and they have the same problem. This is not the only problem that I am having. There is a trackball issue, where I get stock and the cursor doesn't move. The blackberry curve is flawless compared to this phone and would be the way to go. I am going to return the Tour for the curve. Its a shame how a multi billion dollar company comes out with a phone after a long time and it has issues like this. Verizon is a great company when it comes to reception here in the U.S. for the most part. As far as the phones go though they do suck. Most of us verizon users are stuck with them, because they have great coverage. Unfortunately we can't say the same about the choices in the phones.
    What's really annoying is people who post on topics unrelated to what the thread is about.
    08-22-09 09:58 AM
    I have been having issues with the V-1 blueant and my tour locking up where you cant hear the call at all! while the bluetooth is connected. Forcing a switch to headset or speaker phone. Today it was so bad it lockup the V1. Called Tech support at Blueant they state that Rim know about these issues with the tour and many bluetooth devices. What is there game plan? do they have one? Blueant states the software from the tour over powers the software on the connected device causing them not to function properly. They say it happens on the jawbone and others as well. I need a working pair of blue tooth devices, not what I have now!
    In the end today I had go home get the charge cord to hook up the V1 to the charge cord to unfreeze it. reset it to factory settings. Delete the pairing in the tour and then reestablish the connections (a pain).

confused:
    Last edited by jb4trucks; 02-09-10 at 10:17 PM.
    02-09-10 10:14 PM
    I have Tour 9630 by Sprint. With the previous OS 4.7 I had no problem connecting to the car Bluetooth and Jabra headphones. After upgraded the OS from 4.7 to OS 5.0 I can not connect to the car (BMW 5) and when I use the Jabra headset people complain that I sound far with allot of background noise. I change my Tour twice and had similar experience, great reception with OS 4.7 and awful with OS 5.0 The Sprint guys still blame the phone not the software.... I am waiting for the next Worldphone and will trash this one
    08-03-10 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD